Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 06-22-2010, 05:56 AM   #1
sandy123
sandy123 began at the beginning.

Device: none
My nook can't be updated :(

I dunno why can't I update my nook
I followed the steps and upload it to my device and nothin happened.

pls help.
sandy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 11:01 AM   #2
Rich_D
Fanatic
Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Kobo Glo HD, nook ST with Glo (backup)
Where did you put the upload file? It shouldn't be in any folder, but just under the nook directory.
Rich_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-22-2010, 11:08 AM   #3
cearbhallain
Groupie
cearbhallain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cearbhallain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cearbhallain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cearbhallain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cearbhallain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cearbhallain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cearbhallain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cearbhallain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cearbhallain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cearbhallain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cearbhallain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook
I'm having the same problem. I download the file and drag it into the nook box that opens when I connect my nook to my computer. It says it's downloading to the nook, but then the nook does nothing about it. I'm going to go visit the store this afternoon and see if I have better luck with the in-store WiFi.

If the store was farther away from me, I'd be really pissed. Not that I'm exactly happy
cearbhallain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 12:05 PM   #4
kezza
Lowlife of the Party
kezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura about

Device: nook, iphone
Mine wouldn't update at first, either. I had to do two things to get it to work.
1st: I deleted the previous update file in the main directory of the device.
2nd: I took the (2) out of the filename for the new update file.

If you look in your device (when it's loaded as a drive on your computer) and see either of those things, try fixing them. Eject the device and unplug it, wait about 30 seconds and it should start processing the update (there will be a box in the lower left corner).
kezza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 03:13 PM   #5
sandy123
sandy123 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thank you all for your gr8 efforts.
Now, I have the newest update
The problem was that I changed the name of the updated file.
sandy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert