Notices

Old 05-23-2010, 07:04 AM   #1
SharonK
Enthusiast
SharonK began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite
Hi everyone, I just found this site.

Hi,

I'm new to this site. I just got a Kindle and went looking for answers to questions. That's when I ran across this site. The Kindle is a really great device, but there seems to be a lot you can learn about using it to it's full potential. Just thought I'd say hi.

S.
SharonK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 07:28 AM   #2
CarolineNH
Expert napper
CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad Pro, Kindle Fire 10
Hi, Sharon! Let me be the first to welcome you! Congratulations on your new Kindle. I'm sure you'll find lots of good info on the Kindle here at MR.
CarolineNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-23-2010, 07:32 AM   #3
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Welcome! Be sure and check out the library...tons of classic books to download!
For the Kindle you'll want the mobi versions.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 08:53 AM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi SharonK and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 11:16 AM   #5
joycedb
Guru
joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Hello and welcome to MR, SharonK. Yes, there is a lot of info on this site to keep you busy for awhile. Enjoy.

Joyce
Serendipity House
joycedb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-23-2010, 11:55 AM   #6
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
Hello and welcome to MR!!!
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 02:03 PM   #7
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Good to have your Kindling company, Sharon. Best wishes. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 04:37 PM   #8
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Welcome! Be sure and check out the library...tons of classic books to download!
For the Kindle you'll want the mobi versions.
I concur. I took a couple month break due to personal reasons but had to come back here for the free books. I been on several sites downloading the free public access books and so far no other site's library compares to the quality of the downloads that this site offers.
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 06:16 AM   #9
Almas
Addict
Almas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle Touch; Sony PRS-600
Hi Sharon and welcome to MR!
Almas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 09:20 AM   #10
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Hello Sharon, and Click image for larger version

Name:	sunflower.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	52173 to Mobileread.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 01:03 AM   #11
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
Hello and welcome to MR!
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 09:46 AM   #12
SharonK
Enthusiast

Hi everyone,

I just checked back in at this site and found all your comments. Thank you so much for your wonderful greetings. I'm already looking into where I can get books, free as well as one's I want to buy, covers for my Kindle and the many forums with useful information. I think I could spend all my time reading about the books and comments that people have made. If I'm not careful, I won't have time to read on my Kindle. Again, many thanks.
Old 05-28-2010, 10:26 AM   #13
SharonK
Enthusiast

Thumbs up

Quote:
Hello and welcome to MR, SharonK. Yes, there is a lot of info on this site to keep you busy for awhile. Enjoy.

Joyce
Serendipity House
Okay, I'm hooked. When I see that someone is an author I always go out and check their site. Perhaps it's a book I might enjoy, perhaps not, but I feel that I could at least check out the possibility. Well to make a long story short, I read the excerpt and I'm hooked. And what a place to stop, I mean could you have left the story with a bigger cliff hanger. Anyway, the book is now on my Kindle and alas, I'm in the middle of three books. Me, I never read more than one book at a time and because I've checked out two new books I'm now reading three! Anyway, I'll let you know what I thought when I'm finished. I can already tell you paint beautiful pictures, very descriptive. I have a talent for visulization so this is going to be great.

S.
Old 05-28-2010, 10:33 AM   #14
SharonK
Enthusiast

Quote:
ImogenRose Hello and welcome to MR!
Just thought I'd tell you I checked out your book. It really looks interesting, and is now on my wish list. I put all the books I want out there and every so often go get a bunch. I'm so happy to see that I can find some great books on these sites.

S.