Notices

Old 05-22-2010, 06:07 AM   #1
Kino
Enthusiast
Kino began at the beginning.

Device: CyBook
Ghost Image after firmware update

Hi,

I have just updated the firmware to 1.5 and now find that a negative, ghost image of the page I was reading remains on the screen after power-off.

Does anybody know how to fix this?

Thanks.
Kino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 07:24 AM   #2
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kino View Post
Hi,

I have just updated the firmware to 1.5 and now find that a negative, ghost image of the page I was reading remains on the screen after power-off.

Does anybody know how to fix this?

Thanks.
I don't remember the exact name. But in settings you find something like "refresh on/off".
Meaning: When refreshing with every turn of pages, the screen inverts and the old page gets "overwritten". "Refresh off" speeds up things.
Worth a try...
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-22-2010, 10:12 AM   #3
Kino
Enthusiast
Kino began at the beginning.

Device: CyBook
It is not a refresh problem.

An inverted, ghost image of the last page read remains after switching off.
Kino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 04:04 AM   #4
hermano
Connoisseur
hermano began at the beginning.

Device: cybook gen 3
I have this too, but not only since upgrade. I had this last year, was pretty fed up with it, so contacted bookeen. They told me it was 'normal' and all part of the e ink technology, and would not harm cybook.

No explanation why it was not there originally, nor why occassionaly cybook turns off without ghost image.
hermano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 07:38 AM   #5
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
It's a known bug from bookeen. This will be fixed in a future release.
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-26-2010, 10:46 AM   #6
NicolasR
Addict
NicolasR has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.NicolasR has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.NicolasR has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.NicolasR has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.NicolasR has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: none
Don’t be afraid, a ghost image after switching off is not a problem ; it is part of the eInk technology. The black & white particle do not need power in order to display an image.
With the Asus E-Reader E60, even when putting off the battery, there is still an image, or a ghost of the latest display, on the screen !

To fix this, the trick is for the firmware to refresh all the screen in the last step off the shutting down process.
NicolasR is offline   Reply With Quote