Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 03-07-2009, 12:09 AM   #1
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Fictionwise Weekend Specials for 3/7 - 3/8

$9.95 NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER SALE

For a limited time, all New York Time Bestsellers are marked down to $9.95! See the full list here! It's the perfect time to pick up eBooks by Suzanne Brockmann, Jodi Picoult, Stephenie Meyer, James Patterson, Charlaine Harris, Barack Obama, Sue Grafton, Alex Berenson, Nora Roberts, Robert B. Parker, and many more! But act now, savings on some titles are as much as 50% and this sale won't last forever.

http://www.fictionwise.com/servlet/mw?t=nytlist

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

100% MICROPAY REBATE SPECIALS!

Get a 100% Micropay Rebate when you purchase or pre-order these titles with your credit card or with PayPal.

"The April Fools' Day Murder [A Christine Bennett Mystery]" [Mystery/Crime] by Lee Harris
http://www.fictionwise.com/servlet/mw?t=book&bi=83295

"The Vampire's Bride" [Romance/Dark Fantasy] by Gena Showalter
http://www.fictionwise.com/servlet/mw?t=book&bi=83440

"Handle with Care: A Novel" [Fiction] by Jodi Picoult
http://www.fictionwise.com/servlet/mw?t=book&bi=83256

"Hostile Odds" [Suspense/Thriller] by Don Pendleton
http://www.fictionwise.com/servlet/mw?t=book&bi=83382
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 01:35 AM   #2
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
Thanks for the heads up, Fizzy!
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-07-2009, 12:19 PM   #3
cmbs
non-believer
cmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enough

Device: Cybook Gen 3, JetBook Lite
You know, I never get the Fictionwise Weekend Specials email until deep in the middle of Saturday night.
cmbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 01:01 PM   #4
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Hmmm... this looks like perhaps the new owners (B&N) first shot across the bow of Amazon.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 01:04 PM   #5
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Hmmm... this looks like perhaps the new owners (B&N) first shot across the bow of Amazon.

BOb
i'm not sure, this is the second time that i know of they've had a sale like this. the last time, BoB had the same sale at the same time.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-08-2009, 12:47 AM   #6
SteveK
Addict
SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PW2, Kindle3, Kobo Glo, tablets, phone
I just bought six of the books included on the NYT bestseller sale, for $8.46 each (before rebate). That's cheaper than most paperbacks would be! Even better, I paid for the entire purchase from my Micropay balance, so I had no out-of-pocket expense, thanks to their previous 60% rebate sale.

Needless to say, my backlog of books to read is growing rapidly!

SteveK
SteveK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 10:24 AM   #7
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Excellent, picking up "Year of Living Biblically."
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 11:17 AM   #8
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
I was disappointed to click on that sale link and find that all the titles were from LAST year's New York Times best-seller list. I had been waiting to pick up the new JD Robb book, which I know is a best-seller right now, and it wasn't on there. So I googled 'New York Times best-seller list' and found it here:

http://www.nytimes.com/pages/books/bestseller/

As you can see, it bears little to no resemblance to the books Fictionwise has on sale. I am pretty annoyed about this. If Fictionwise wants to have a sale of certain best-selling books in their catalogue, that's fine. But if they are advertising it as an actual sale of books on the NYT best-sellers list then imho they should put those actual books on sale.

If this is the first shot across the bow for the new regime, colour me disappointed, with gloomy thoughts of all my worst fears being realized. Next step will be Americans only, I suspect, just like Amazon does

Last edited by ficbot; 03-08-2009 at 11:25 AM.
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 11:18 AM   #9
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
Excellent, picking up "Year of Living Biblically."
Argh, no I can't, it's not available in multiformat.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 12:20 PM   #10
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by ficbot View Post
If this is the first shot across the bow for the new regime, colour me disappointed, with gloomy thoughts of all my worst fears being realized. Next step will be Americans only, I suspect, just like Amazon does
It has nothing to do with the 'new regime' as the same folks are in charge. They've run sales just like this before and the last time was just the same. Some stuff was on sale, some not. Even though the 'copy' would seem to imply it covered ALL bestsellers.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 12:25 PM   #11
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by ficbot View Post
I was disappointed to click on that sale link and find that all the titles were from LAST year's New York Times best-seller list. I had been waiting to pick up the new JD Robb book, which I know is a best-seller right now, and it wasn't on there. So I googled 'New York Times best-seller list' and found it here:

http://www.nytimes.com/pages/books/bestseller/

As you can see, it bears little to no resemblance to the books Fictionwise has on sale. I am pretty annoyed about this. If Fictionwise wants to have a sale of certain best-selling books in their catalogue, that's fine. But if they are advertising it as an actual sale of books on the NYT best-sellers list then imho they should put those actual books on sale.

Like you, I'm somewhat disappointed by the selection as well. I agree with you about the NYT best-sellers list, too.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 03:16 PM   #12
SteveK
Addict
SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PW2, Kindle3, Kobo Glo, tablets, phone
I had noticed that some of the titles were published several years ago, even as early as 2003. I was still able to find (and buy) some titles that looked promising, but I would have expected to find current NYT bestsellers, not titles that were bestsellers a year or two ago but are now back catalog titles. I hope B&N/Fictionwise will continue to run sales, but this sale still isn't as good as the regular prices for CURRENT bestsellers available for the Kindle. I may have to buy a Kindle yet!

SteveK
SteveK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 03:19 PM   #13
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Is it legal to purchase an eBook for someone else? Of course, the DRM would have to be stripped.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 07:10 PM   #14
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Is it legal to purchase an eBook for someone else? Of course, the DRM would have to be stripped.
...only if you buy one for me.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 08:25 PM   #15
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Someone posted on the Fictionwise Yahoo group about the age of the books on this list - apparently it's the same list that was offered the last time they had a NYT Bestseller sale? Steve Pendergast posted that it'll be updated Monday - the same day they do all their regular updates.

Seems a bit...I don't know, lazy?...to not update the last when sending notice. But you might want to check back later tomorrow to see what "new" books are listed...
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote