Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-08-2008, 08:45 AM   #1
ouais32
ouais32 began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad
Hide toolbar and pagebar in a Java app ?

Hi,

Does anyone knows how to hide the toolbar and the pagebar when running a Java application ?
I tried this :

frame.setSize(768, 1024)
frame.setBounds(0, 0, 768, 1024)

But it doesn't works, the toolbar and the pagebar are still there.
I expected for frame.setAlwaysOnTop(true) but it is only available since Java 1.5.

Any ideas ?

Thanks
ouais32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 10:51 PM   #2
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
Read some posts by scotty1024. From what I remember, it's impossible to have Java apps running full screen.
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-09-2008, 03:13 AM   #3
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B. View Post
Read some posts by scotty1024. From what I remember, it's impossible to have Java apps running full screen.
Did my eyes deceive me? Did I just see Adam saying, something was impossible?
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 03:41 AM   #4
JustADecoy
JustADecoy began at the beginning.

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B. View Post
Yeah, Scotty had some convincing evidence that the JVM wasn't allowed access to that region of the screen.

Here's another of my nutty ideas... Can iPDF be extended to invoke a Java program to render each page of CBZ or CBR file (or a simple directory, perhaps with a manifest file that says 'Treat me like a comic book'), like it invokes libpoppler today? I'm not saying I want to doodle on my comics pages (though I wouldn't mind the option), but I would like:
  1. The option to choose fullscreen or any scaled size.
  2. The Pagebar (when I want it) to skip to particular pages.
  3. To have my page & position saved when I close the document.

(I also wouldn't mind the ability to delete an individual page from the CBR/CBZ archive or folder, but let's not get totally crazy here yet.)

Is iPDF the right place to do this? Is Java the best way to render this content? (It certainly seems to have the smallest code footprint...) Anyone have a better idea?
JustADecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 05:55 PM   #5
ericshliao
Guru
ericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enough

Device: Dell X51v; iLiad v2
I poked into irex java sdk code contained in "irex.jar" and have found no clue to make toolbar or pagebar disappear.
I found that toolbar and pagebar are controlled through IPC (should be interprocess call or something) provided by OS. Java code calls for a reset or refresh when needed. Therefore, the drawable screen for JVM is 768*935 in the start, and no way for a Java app to make displayable area increase.
Actually, I don't see any evidence that JVM denies or disallows to do so. The problem is that I can't find an API to make them disappear. I have found a way to add icon or delete icon on toolbar, but I can't make it disappear and increse the iLiad Frame size.

Java is a monster hungering for memory. Don't expect too much on Java to do fancy processing on iLiad. It's limited because of iLiad on support Java PBP (too few image api), and the 64 mb memory.
ericshliao is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-18-2008, 04:04 AM   #6
ouais32
ouais32 began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad
Thank you for your answers !
The only solution I found is to directly write in the video memory.
I call a C program via JNI, which writes in the /dev/fb0 special file...
ouais32 is offline   Reply With Quote