Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 12-04-2007, 05:46 PM   #1
DeathtoToasters
Connoisseur
DeathtoToasters began at the beginning.

Device: Irex Illiad, Sony 505
Next issue.....

Now I have a line that shows up 3/4 of the way down the screen that is all white when the screen is black and shows up the opposite color of the word/picture.

Amazing....I am really regretting getting this unit now...way to fragile. It has not been in my bag or anything. I hand carry it where ever I go. Lay NOTHING on top of it etc.

I should have gotten the sony....at least then I would have only spent $300 on a faulty device.
DeathtoToasters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 06:19 AM   #2
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
Can you take a picture? Sounds like the "line out" error that seems to be common recently (maybe a bad batch of panels).
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-05-2007, 12:29 PM   #3
DeathtoToasters
Connoisseur

Here you go:

Old 12-05-2007, 12:33 PM   #4
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
Yep, seems like the "Line Out" issue that's been mentioned a couple of times. Send an email to tech support with those pictures and they'll likely replace it for free.
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 12:52 PM   #5
DeathtoToasters
Connoisseur

Maybe I should wait itll the warranty is about up and then send it back. That way if anything else happens I can get it all done at once.
Advert
Old 12-05-2007, 02:10 PM   #6
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathtoToasters View Post
Maybe I should wait itll the warranty is about up and then send it back. That way if anything else happens I can get it all done at once.
That would depend on how the warranty is written. If they replace the unit because of this problem the warranty on the replacement could be different than the warranty on the original.

For example it might only have the original warranty where the replacement only has a warranty that is whatever time is left on the original. This means that you need to get it in right away to have the most time on the replacement in case another problem arises.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote