Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 05-31-2011, 09:59 AM   #1
North19
Edge User

Syncing some but not all library files

Is there any way to set up library files in subfolders? Does it all need to be in that one folder?

I want to be able to segregate my work-related epubs of websites from my epub books, so that I can sync one but not the other. (All my epub books are freebies, so I don't want to use up my online storage sync space on them, plus I don't need to access the non-work stuff at work; I want to be able to access the sugarsync'd work stuff everything.)

I've tried adding a subfolder to the library, but then the library doesn't look there or save there.

Right now I'm manually clicking each file at the end of the day to send it to sugarsync, which is a pain.

Old 05-31-2011, 10:49 AM   #2
lorenzoens
Edge User

You can use all the folder you wish to, i.e. on your external memory. But when you add a book INTO the library, yand when you recall it from there, you are going to display it categorized by tags, not by folders.

Advert
Old 05-31-2011, 11:21 AM   #3
North19
Edge User

I'm not concerned with display; I get tags and I'm using them fine.

What I want is a way to put the library files from my work all in one separate folder so that I don't have to individually identify them to sugarsync. I want to just tell sugarsync to sync (backup and make available online to my other computers) one folder, and put everything that needs to be synced there, as opposed to having to sync ebooks that I don't need sync, or having to manually pick each file (which is going to get very cumbersome).

Will using an external card allow me to use folders and save epubs of websites (generated in the browser) to them?

Old 05-31-2011, 02:25 PM   #4
Filark
Edge User

Good questions. If anyone has answers I hope they will post on MobileRead.