Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-15-2010, 01:55 PM   #1
seanbob
Enthusiast
seanbob is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony PRS-650
Issue with HarperCollins EPUB Covers?

I searched through this forum, but couldn't find an answer to this issue. Maybe someone out there can help me...

When adding some commercial EPUB books to Calibre, the cover thumbnail appears as a black background with a broken image placeholder. Having gone into the EPUB files, it appears that the cover page references a PNG file stored in the EPUB, but this reference is lost when imported into Calibre. However, it appears correctly when viewing the EPUB in Calibre.

This issue primarily seems to affect HarperCollins books, although I've received completely white covers thumbnails from Penguin/Puffin books as well, which may or may not be related.

Am I doing something wrong? Or can Calibre not properly import these image links when they are used? Retaining the black background doesn't matter if there's an actual cover image available in the EPUB (obviously).

Thanks in advance!
seanbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 02:31 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
you should open a ticket and attach the file.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2010, 02:56 PM   #3
seanbob
Enthusiast
seanbob is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony PRS-650
I've submitted a ticket and provided an example of the HarperCollins EPUB and the Penguin/Puffin EPUB.

Thanks, Kovid!
seanbob is offline   Reply With Quote