Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-03-2010, 10:28 PM   #31
pboss
Evangelist
pboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enough

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
I am trying to figure out how you compared them side by side and didn't realize that the Kindle does not have a touch screen.
pboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 10:52 PM   #32
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by pboss View Post
great gif!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-04-2010, 12:09 AM   #33
emellaich
Wizard
emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm>Ebookman>IPaq>Axim>Cybook>Kndl2>IPAD>Kndl3SO>Voyager>Oasis
Then again, the complaints would make perfect sense if you were trying to do guerrilla marketing for Aluratek. The comments do run down the Kindle and sooner or later they also mention the Aluratek Libre Pro.

If anyone is looking through the Kindle boards assessing the Kindle they have a good chance seeing these posts that suggests they check out the Libre Pro.
emellaich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 05:45 AM   #34
JeremyR
Guru
JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcohen View Post
$100, if Amazon would sell me a Kindle for that price I would buy it.
Being broke myself, I'm not saying $40 isn't a big deal. But at $139, it has to be pretty close to cost for Amazon. I'm sure they aren't losing money on them, but I doubt they are making much.

I can see (and wish they had) a budget Kindle, more like the original Kobo, no keyboard, no wifi for $99. But Kobo went from that to a K3 clone (a higher priced K3 clone at that, sans the pearl screen).
JeremyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 01:51 PM   #35
magicmonster
Groupie
magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook Color, & Dell Axim X50v
After getting the Kindle I get a job that prohibits me from using a device on site that will connect to the internet or their wi-fi. Typical. I love my Kindle but it looks like I should have purchased some kind of Sony. I may have to get a device specifically for use at work.
magicmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert