Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 10-03-2009, 12:35 AM   #16
bthoven
Evangelist
bthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
Hi bthoven, I'm sorry, I've had to remove your font ; it's not a free one and we can't distribute copyright material on this site.

--zelda (moderator)
Hi Zelda

Sorry I am not aware of that; will be more careful next time.
bthoven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 10:13 AM   #17
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bthoven View Post
Hi Zelda

Sorry I am not aware of that; will be more careful next time.
no worries ! it can happen to anyone. i made a similar mistake when i first joined. thanks for understanding.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 01:37 AM   #18
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic
Yar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: PocketBooks and Onyxes and anything E-Ink...
Quote:
Hi,

I'm looking for ereader device which can display Thai characters correctly (readable). Could anyone recommend one?

Thanks in advance.
PocketBooks can display all kinds of languages, from Ukrainian to Hebrew. I never tried it on Thai, but I'm sure it will work. Let's do this - you can send me a sample of the Thai book, preferably in FB2, or in other your favorite format, and I'll try it on PocketBook 301. If it works - voila, if it doesn't - I'll ask my people back in Kiev to fix it and it will work.
My email: info@pocketbookreader.com

Cheers,
Yaroslav.
www.PocketBookReader.com
Yar-PocketBooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 03:06 AM   #19
bthoven
Evangelist
bthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yar-PocketBooker View Post
PocketBooks can display all kinds of languages, from Ukrainian to Hebrew. I never tried it on Thai, but I'm sure it will work. Let's do this - you can send me a sample of the Thai book, preferably in FB2, or in other your favorite format, and I'll try it on PocketBook 301. If it works - voila, if it doesn't - I'll ask my people back in Kiev to fix it and it will work.
My email: info@pocketbookreader.com

Cheers,
Yaroslav.
www.PocketBookReader.com
Hi,

Can you try opening the prc file I attached in post#3? It is in Thai and in mobipocket format which I usually read....thanks in advance.
bthoven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 02:00 AM   #20
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic
Yar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: PocketBooks and Onyxes and anything E-Ink...
Quote:
Hi,

Can you try opening the prc file I attached in post#3? It is in Thai and in mobipocket format which I usually read....thanks in advance.
I'll answer here as well, maybe somebody else would use this info:

Please, have a look at this Thai book at my PocketBook301. Sorry for quick iPhone pictures.
All I did was copying one of the True Type Fonts, supporting Thai, Angsa.ttf, to the /system/fonts on the device memory. After that I opened the book and changed the setting to this font and auto encoding. Voila, it works!
Here is the link to a bunch of unicode Thai fonts: http://www.wazu.jp/gallery/Fonts_Thai.html
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Thai3_PocketBook301.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	135.0 KB
ID:	37005   Click image for larger version

Name:	Thai2_PocketBook301.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	107.6 KB
ID:	37006   Click image for larger version

Name:	Thai1_PocketBook301.jpg
Views:	243