Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-23-2024, 11:39 AM   #1
lumping-sugar66
Enthusiast
lumping-sugar66 loves his/her reader more than momlumping-sugar66 loves his/her reader more than momlumping-sugar66 loves his/her reader more than momlumping-sugar66 loves his/her reader more than momlumping-sugar66 loves his/her reader more than momlumping-sugar66 loves his/her reader more than momlumping-sugar66 loves his/her reader more than momlumping-sugar66 loves his/her reader more than momlumping-sugar66 loves his/her reader more than momlumping-sugar66 loves his/her reader more than momlumping-sugar66 loves his/her reader more than mom

Device: Kobo Aura Edition 2, Kobo Clara 2E
How do I restore the database to backup? - database disk image is malformed

Quote:
calibre, version 7.10.0
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

CorruptError: database disk image is malformed

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre\gui2\device.py", line 111, in run
File "calibre\gui2\device.py", line 595, in _sync_booklists
File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.device.driver" , line 513, in sync_booklists
File "calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 1016, in sync_booklists
File "calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 2677, in update_device_database_collections
File "calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 2973, in remove_book_from_device_bookshelves
File "C:\t\t\apsw-42s16m2x\src\cursor.c", line 240, in resetcursor
apsw.CorruptError: CorruptError: database disk image is malformed
Another day another corrupt database issue. Can someone let me know which database file is the one I need to replace? Because I have a backup, but the name is simply "backup.sqlite" and I'm not sure with sqlite file to replace and koboutilities doesn't seem to have any option to restore from backup.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you
lumping-sugar66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2024, 02:36 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
What did you get the backup from? You should simply be able to rename it as KoboReader.sqlite and copy it to the .kobo directory on your Kobo.

If you have the Kobo Utilities installed on calibre (for me, a must have), on the second page of the configuration dialog, you can configure an automatic backup. See the attached image for how I configured it. You can simply extract the two .sqlite from the created .zip file and copy them back to your Kobo.

My workaround for the database corruption issue is to reboot my Kobo ereaders before connecting them to the computer. This is done from NickelMenu. The NM config file entries I use are (allow reboot from Main, My Books and while reading):

Code:
menu_item : main    : Reboot             : power          : reboot
menu_item : library : Reboot             : power          : reboot
menu_item : reader  : Reboot             : power          : reboot
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-05-23 113102.png
Views:	25
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	208449  
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-23-2024, 07:52 PM   #3
lumping-sugar66
Enthusiast
lumping-sugar66 loves his/her reader more than momlumping-sugar66 loves his/her reader more than momlumping-sugar66 loves his/her reader more than momlumping-sugar66 loves his/her reader more than momlumping-sugar66 loves his/her reader more than momlumping-sugar66 loves his/her reader more than momlumping-sugar66 loves his/her reader more than momlumping-sugar66 loves his/her reader more than momlumping-sugar66 loves his/her reader more than momlumping-sugar66 loves his/her reader more than momlumping-sugar66 loves his/her reader more than mom

Device: Kobo Aura Edition 2, Kobo Clara 2E
I got it using calibre kobo utilities plugin. It works like a save as feature for an sqlite file but it doesn’t actually show you which one it is. It is interesting you were saying it’s a zip file but for me it’s a sqlite file. But mine was a manual operation not an automated back up.
lumping-sugar66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2024, 08:22 PM   #4
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumping-sugar66 View Post
I got it using calibre kobo utilities plugin. It works like a save as feature for an sqlite file but it doesn’t actually show you which one it is. It is interesting you were saying it’s a zip file but for me it’s a sqlite file. But mine was a manual operation not an automated back up.
The manual backup backs up only the KoboReader.sqlite file. I prefer the automated update since I can't forget to do it and it backs up both sqlite databases plus some extras into a .zip file. The file name will also reflect the device and it's serial number with date and time.

The first part of my reply was in regards to your manual backup. The second part referred to Kobo Utilities automated backup which generates a .zip file.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	database_backup_zip.png
Views:	21
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	208452  
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote