Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-05-2019, 07:03 PM   #61
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
First, thank you for your effort. That patch convinced me to update.

I'm seeing a bug. I wonder if anyone else can back me up.

If both header and footer are on, everything is fine (attachment 1)

When I turn off the header (in settings, set Chapter Progress to Off), the pages disappear from the footer (see attachment 2).

If you don't immediately see it, try turning a page or letting the reader go through a sleep/wake cycle.

This happens on every kepub I've tested so far.

Turning the header back on puts the page numbers in the footer back.

(Sorry the attachments are sideways. Not sure what happened there.)
Have you tried turning off the footer?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 09:51 PM   #62
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil_C View Post
Yep, if you turn off the header (Chapter Progress in Settings), only the chapter number/name is shown in the page footer -- no page number or time remaining.

This won't bother me since I keep both header and footer visible, but it will be a problem for some folks.
I have a suspicion on why this is happening. I can probably fix it, and I'll do it next week.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-06-2019, 06:49 AM   #63
forster01
Groupie
forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Aura HD, Kindle, Amazon Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by forster01 View Post
From my perspective, it appears that "Un-Force user font-family in KePubs:" does not work.
My stylesheet(embedded) fonts are not applied when i select the other font. Unfortunately.

Geek1011 can you please check that with the epub i sent you?
If i put all my font changes in span tag instead of paragraph tag then all seems to be working.

I.E. i just realised that all the special settings in the one paragraph should be in some kind of span tag.
forster01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 12:09 PM   #64
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Have you tried turning off the footer?
Why would I do that? I want the footer on, with chapter and pages in chapter. Especially now that chapter progress has been replaced in the pop-up slider.

For now, I have both the header and footer turned off.

Last edited by ZodWallop; 10-06-2019 at 12:11 PM.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 12:12 PM   #65
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
I have a suspicion on why this is happening. I can probably fix it, and I'll do it next week.
Thanks buddy. I know you're taking a week off. Just wanted to post about the bug while I was thinking about it.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-06-2019, 03:37 PM   #66
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
delete

Last edited by Semwize; 10-06-2019 at 05:47 PM.
Semwize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 04:06 PM   #67
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
About the patch Reduce top/bottom page spacer. It behaves differently for kepubs and epubs. Namely the kepub top and bottom margins (with the header and footer off) are much smaller than the epub margins. It's the same book, sideloaded from Calibre, in both epub and kepub. Is there a way to make the spacers in kepub the same size they are in epub? Otherwise they're a bit too small for my taste. Increasing margins in general also increases the right and left margin and I don't want that.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 04:25 PM   #68
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
About the patch Reduce top/bottom page spacer. It behaves differently for kepubs and epubs. Namely the kepub top and bottom margins (with the header and footer off) are much smaller than the epub margins. It's the same book, sideloaded from Calibre, in both epub and kepub. Is there a way to make the spacers in kepub the same size they are in epub? Otherwise they're a bit too small for my taste. Increasing margins in general also increases the right and left margin and I don't want that.
If you are not using these patches, enable them...

ePub uniform font scale:
Set font scale factor: (set both replace values to 4)

if you are using the following, disable it...

KePub stylesheet additions: (along with) Example 4: Make KePub font sizes match ePub font sizes: ePubs render with 1.5 times the font size of KePubs by default. With this enabled they match.

What could be happening is that because the font sizes are different by default in ePub and KePub that the spacing when the header/footers are off is different. With the patches and changes I'm suggesting, it makes the font sizes the same and that might fix the spacing when no headers/footers to be the same. I cannot say for sure, but feel free to give it a go.

But even if it doesn't fix your problem, it means that the font size for ePub and KePub will match as the same font size setting.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 04:39 PM   #69
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
If you are not using these patches, enable them...

ePub uniform font scale:
Set font scale factor: (set both replace values to 4)

if you are using the following, disable it...

KePub stylesheet additions: (along with) Example 4: Make KePub font sizes match ePub font sizes: ePubs render with 1.5 times the font size of KePubs by default. With this enabled they match.

What could be happening is that because the font sizes are different by default in ePub and KePub that the spacing when the header/footers are off is different. With the patches and changes I'm suggesting, it makes the font sizes the same and that might fix the spacing when no headers/footers to be the same. I cannot say for sure, but feel free to give it a go.

But even if it doesn't fix your problem, it means that the font size for ePub and KePub will match as the same font size setting.
I have the uniform scale patch enabled. The font size is exactly the same in both epub and kepub. But I haven't changed the font scale factor, might give it a try. It's the kepub default at present, I guess.

The issue is no big deal, as I use epub anyway and don't see that changing, unless Kobo fixes their kepub layout or makes the epub renderer buggy with an update. But it would be an impediment if I wanted to use both formats.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 02:38 PM   #70
Giovascogna
Giovascogna began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Clara HD, Kobo Libra H2O
Hi there.
It's the very first time i try to patch the firmware so I'm a complete rookie.
Shall I just switch No --►Yes, in the patches list?

When running kobopatch.sh, I get the following error:
Error: could not apply patches: could not load patch file 'src/libnickel.so.1.0.0.yaml': could not parse patch file: yaml: line 374: did not find expected key
How shall I replace the correct value?

Thank you very much! :-)
Giovascogna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 06:24 PM   #71
ps67
Guru
ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Elipsa, Pocketbook Color PB633, Inkpad Color
May be You could have accidentally inserted or deleted a space in line 374 (or near) of the file "libnickel.so.1.0.0.yaml"?

Because it is important to preserve spacing.
ps67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 01:29 PM   #72
Giovascogna

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps67 View Post
May be You could have accidentally inserted or deleted a space in line 374 (or near) of the file "libnickel.so.1.0.0.yaml"?

Because it is important to preserve spacing.

Ok, i'll check that!
So i just need to change no to yes....no need to do anything else, right?
Thank you
Old 10-14-2019, 01:58 PM   #73
Giovascogna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giovascogna View Post
Ok, i'll check that!
So i just need to change no to yes....no need to do anything else, right?
Thank you
Ok, I made it!!!
I just had to set the right permission to the file!
Old 10-16-2019, 04:02 AM   #74
GERGE
Guru
GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra
Anyone made a fontsize patch for Libra?
GERGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 05:32 AM   #75
Vladi69
Enthusiast
Vladi69 began at the beginning.

Device: PW3, Kobo Glo HD
When I run kobopatch.bat on Windows, no error message:

Quote:
Successfully saved patched KoboRoot.tgz to out/KoboRoot.tgz. Remember to make sure your kobo is running the target firmware version before patching.
But in the out folder there is no log file e no "KoboRoot.tgz".
I had no problems before.
What's wrong?

SOLVED using another PC

Last edited by Vladi69; 10-17-2019 at 03:51 AM.
Vladi69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobopatch, patch, patch32lsb, patches, patching