Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 10-21-2015, 11:06 AM   #16
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdonline View Post
I plan on going into BN today, how I would check this?
Bring a laptop or a tablet (like the Microsoft Surface Pro 2) and a micro USB cable. Plus the nook into the USB port and check how much storage is available in the removable drive.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 11:33 AM   #17
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
Does anyone know what OS this device uses? Still Android 2.1, or something newer?
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 12:10 PM   #18
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maillemom View Post
Doesn't look like it has a slot for an SD card.

>>Holds thousands of books (4GB memory: 2.5 GB for content, of which 2GB is reserved for NOOK Store content).<<

That's a deal breaker for me. As much as I loved my NSTG I'll stick to my Kobo.
That is wrong.

I got one at my B&N store. The storage is not partitioned.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 12:10 PM   #19
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Bring a laptop or a tablet (like the Microsoft Surface Pro 2) and a micro USB cable. Plus the nook into the USB port and check how much storage is available in the removable drive.
2.8GB
Old 10-21-2015, 12:11 PM   #20
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by downeaster59 View Post
Does anyone know what OS this device uses? Still Android 2.1, or something newer?
No clue, but this is a Netronix device so it's bound to be a newer version of Android (unless it's Linux).
Old 10-21-2015, 12:14 PM   #21
Calenorn
Brash Fumbler
Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NST, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
2.8GB
Thanks, Nate. This is EXCELLENT news! Now we're talkin'!
Calenorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 12:17 PM   #22
mycurlylocks
Addict
mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
According to the fact sheet, it's running Kit Kat 4.4

http://img1.imagesbn.com/pImages/noo...?cds2Pid=42488
mycurlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 12:24 PM   #23
tdonline
Addict
tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3, Nook Simple Touch
Quote:
That is wrong.

Eh...you'd think BN would get that right...for the grand launch of their own device. Sheesh. And that lifetime in-store service part isn't all that enticing either as BN closes their stores. There's a BN outside my doorstep but who knows how long it'll be there.
tdonline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 12:36 PM   #24
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by mycurlylocks View Post
According to the fact sheet, it's running Kit Kat 4.4

http://img1.imagesbn.com/pImages/noo...?cds2Pid=42488
I'm tempted to pick one up at my local B&N. If this baby can be rooted, it would be awesome. I can think of a couple of apps that I'd like to use on it - Instapaper, for one. I also like the idea of supporting competition. A microSD card slot would have been nice, but that's hardly a deal-breaker.
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 12:56 PM   #25
mycurlylocks
Addict
mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
My closest Barnes and Noble is 50 miles away. I would have loved to pick up my reader in person. I was so tempted to take a 'sick' day.

I'm really liking the new cover choices also. I ordered the soft back since I don't like keeping my readers in a case.

I like supporting Barnes and Noble, the more competition, the better for the consumer.
mycurlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 01:36 PM   #26
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Wonderful news. I await the reviews!
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 01:47 PM   #27
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
That is wrong.

Quote:
2.8GB
Good to hear. Hopefully it's not a "mistake" that they do a firmware update to correct so it matches what they say on their site (2GB partitioned for B&N content).

I remember when they did the update to the old Nook Tab to take away sideloading of apps after it had been out for a bit.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 03:01 PM   #28
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Does (did) it really say "4GB memory: 2.5 GB for content, of which 2GB is reserved for NOOK Store content"?

At the moment it says "4GB memory: 2.5GB for NOOK Store content and side-loaded content". Have they changed their mind, or did they just make a mistake announcing their own product at launch time?

It's great to hear B&N is getting back into the ball game. Hopefully they will also make it easier again to read your books how YOU want to read them.
A reliably working website would be nice too.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 03:05 PM   #29
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
Does (did) it really say "4GB memory: 2.5 GB for content, of which 2GB is reserved for NOOK Store content"?

At the moment it says "4GB memory: 2.5GB for NOOK Store content and side-loaded content". Have they changed their mind, or did they just make a mistake announcing their own product at launch time?
Yes. A direct copy and paste of what the site said earlier...
Quote:
Holds thousands of books (4GB memory: 2.5 GB for content, of which 2GB is reserved for NOOK Store content).
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 03:07 PM   #30
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post

It's great to hear B&N is getting back into the ball game. Hopefully they will also make it easier again to read your books how YOU want to read them.
A reliably working website would be nice too.
The page was wrong when it first went up.