Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-31-2009, 10:48 AM   #1
hanasea
Enthusiast
hanasea began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, iPod Touch
Question My K2 broke. + service net warranty?

I accidently dropped my K2 from 3F balcony- it dropped on asphalt.
Amazon default black lether cover with hinge is fine, but K2's left down side is broken. No problem with screen, no problem with reading.

But I want to fix it. It just looks like ..not safe. Water or dust could go into K2 with that big gap. and I simply don't want to get more trouble. and this is not pretty.

I wonder, How much to replace my K2's total cover? I mean, front and back. Screen is very good, and I applied expensive anti-glare screen protecter on there($45) so I don't want to change screen. I just want to change outside.

How much it will be cost? anybody has a clue?

and, anybody bought service net 2 year extended warranty? I thought it would be applied to my K2 automatically(since I can buy that warranty when I bought my K2) and didn't got any paper thing. Of course there was an msg something like "Your item should be arrived" but I didn't care. I was just too busy with reading SF novels a lot.

Now, it's time to care about that warranty, I guess.

But.. How I can get that warranty thing? I don't have any experiance with extended warranty in US, yet. is it supposed to be a paper thing? and have a serial number or something? Now I think, it does not applied to my K2 automatically. but I'm not so sure.

I bought my K2 and warranty at april, 2009 and it says it's too late to complain to the seller. but I don't got anything... How I can get my warranty again? or there is no way that I can use that warranty? My 60$+ warranty just gone? I'm just wondering... If I didn't claim it at that time, there is no way i can get it back?

I guess I should paid more attention at that time /cry

Well... I sent both amazon and service net about their product.
and no reply yet.

(actually, amazon replied that they want to call me. mail told me that if I want to replace my K2, I need to call first. It's frustraiting. English is not my mother tongue, and I can write a little bit and loves to read with English.. but Speaking and Listening is very difficult. and I had to make an international call .. so expensive.)

I guess I have to call them to ask about price and other things... well... I'll post more when I called
hanasea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 11:12 AM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Ouch! Sorry to hear your Kindle took a fall but I'm glad it's still readable.

All Kindle 2s come with a standard one year warranty against manufacturing defect. Since your Kindle was dropped you would have to pay for a replacement. For Kindle 1 the price was $180 for a refurbished unit. I expect something similar for Kindle 2

The Service Net 2 year warranty was a separate purchase and you have needed to buy it at the same time (or very soon after) you bought your Kindle 2. If you did purchase it, your Kindle 2 will be replaced *one time* after an accidental drop. You should have received an email as well a paper copy of the warranty. Check your "Manage Your Kindle" page and you will see the warranty policy number listed with your Kindle information.

I have a couple of suggestions if you just want to keep your current Kindle.

- A skin and cover can protect any exposed areas from dirt and debris.
- maan9 recently posted a link to a Kindle repair service (here in the U.S.) called Portatronics.

Good luck!
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-31-2009, 11:26 AM   #3
hanasea
Enthusiast
hanasea began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, iPod Touch
Thumbs up Thank you ! :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
The Service Net 2 year warranty was a separate purchase and you have needed to buy it at the same time (or very soon after) you bought your Kindle 2. If you did purchase it, your Kindle 2 will be replaced *one time* after an accidental drop. You should have received an email as well a paper copy of the warranty. Check your "Manage Your Kindle" page and you will see the warranty policy number listed with your Kindle information.
It is just what I needed!!!

I struggled with Amazon Costume Service with several mail. I tried to tell them that I just want to fix it, How, Where, How much, something like that. And I asked several question about Service net warranty, and they didn't answer about that.. I don't know why. I bought that warranty, and now I am very happy that I bought this at that time.

Your suggestion is very good, too. I guess I don't need to it change right now. It might be meet more serious accident again(!) Of course I don't want to happen that kind of accident again. But I think that would be happen...

I found that warranty number on there, I guess They will fix. I might be keeping my Kindle a little longer - I will buy more secure cover. K2 default cover cannot protect K2 from dropping damage. - while I wait for Kindle DX.

I guess I would buy DX warranty, too. (Well, Is there any other good DX warranty, too? I just found only one warranty service from Amazon website.)

again! Thank you >_<b
hanasea is offline   Reply With Quote