Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-18-2018, 09:02 AM   #1
utente000
utente000 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo (hw/sw problems), Kobo Touch, Onda
Unhappy Kobo Glo hw/sw troubles

Hello everyone! Being a happy owner of kobo touch, I got my hands on a used kobo glo. But it is giving me several problems. If I try to do an update, it crashes, the screen fills with lines and I can not go on. If I put it on charge, no LED lights up, so I do not know if it is actually charging. If I start with an SD (connected to the socket, otherwise it does not turn on) different cloned from the original, it starts but if I press the power button does not turn off. How can I do? According to you is a problem of corrupted SD, battery gone or I have to bring it back?
utente000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 08:33 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
You might want to post your question in the Kobo ereaders not the Kobo Tablets subforum.

Have you tried a factory reset? For the Glo, use the following procedure:
  • Turn off your eReader. Slide and hold the power button for 20-30 seconds to force a power off. Remove any external uSD.
  • Press and hold the light button.
  • Continue to hold the light button and slide the power button to the right to turn on your Glo. You may have to do this a couple of times.
  • Continue holding the light button and wait until the power light blinks rapidly (discoing).
  • Wait for the factory restore to finish.

If this doesn't work, it's likely your internal uSD card is failing. See the Memory Upgrade Mod Guide (With Pictures) for information on opening your Glo. You will likely need an image of the uSD card to copy over. You can ask for this in the Kobo Glo IMG Needed thread (there are quite a few threads for different devices so best to stick to a device specific thread).
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
assistence, glo, help kobo, kobo