Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 07-10-2018, 05:09 AM   #1
TomSpot
TomSpot began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1
connecting Calibre to Calibre without wireless connection

I'v recently bought a tablet (Samsung Galaxy Tab A - 32GB). Naturally I've installed Calibre Companion on my tablet.

Calibre is installed on my Windows 10 64-bit PC. It's database is present on Stack (cloud service). Actually I'm thinking of moving Calibre-database to Dropbox's cloud service.

My PC belongs to a home-network, but isn't connected using WiFi. So wire connected.

My question: what seems the best way to connect Calibre to CC, including syncing?
TomSpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 06:07 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomSpot View Post
I'v recently bought a tablet (Samsung Galaxy Tab A - 32GB). Naturally I've installed Calibre Companion on my tablet.

Calibre is installed on my Windows 10 64-bit PC. It's database is present on Stack (cloud service). Actually I'm thinking of moving Calibre-database to Dropbox's cloud service.

My PC belongs to a home-network, but isn't connected using WiFi. So wire connected.

My question: what seems the best way to connect Calibre to CC, including syncing?
I am not sure what your question is.

Are you asking if CC can connect as a wireless device to calibre running on a computer connected by cable? If so, the answer is yes as long as your Tab is connected by WiFi to the same network. There is no requirement that the computer running calibre be connected by WiFi.

Are you asking if CC can "see" a calibre library stored in Dropbox? The answer is yes as long as your Tab has internet access.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert