Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-15-2014, 03:17 PM   #61
miklantis
miklantis began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paper White
It doesn't work when I set Kindle language option to German. (it works in English)

I see Google Translation in menu. I select it and get error message in German, something like : "It can't start this aplication. Please restart Kindle and try again!". I restart Kindle but it the problem still there.

Can you fix it?
miklantis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 06:01 AM   #62
abedoz
abedoz began at the beginning.

Device: PW2
Thanks Millions.
Worked for Arabic but sometimes not retrieving the translations.
once more, any chance to make default pair of languages to translate between as it is sometimes giving unknown for the source language.
abedoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-22-2014, 06:13 AM   #63
lporter
lporter can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.lporter can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.lporter can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.lporter can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.lporter can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.lporter can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.lporter can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.lporter can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.lporter can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.lporter can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.lporter can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Could you add Swedish?

Thanks for your work!
lporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 04:23 AM   #64
HappyFritz
HappyFritz began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by miklantis View Post
It doesn't work when I set Kindle language option to German. (it works in English)

I see Google Translation in menu. I select it and get error message in German, something like : "It can't start this aplication. Please restart Kindle and try again!". I restart Kindle but it the problem still there.

Can you fix it?
Ahoj Davide,
I have the exact same problem here, my Kindle is running in German, and I have successfully installed the Jailbreak and AcXE, and I can chose Google Translation in the menu, but I get the same error message (in German) - the application can't be started.
I'm running 5.4.3.2

Any ideas?

Díky!
HappyFritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 05:04 AM   #65
dsmid
Linux devotee
dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4B, Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by abedoz View Post
Thanks Millions.
Worked for Arabic but sometimes not retrieving the translations.
once more, any chance to make default pair of languages to translate between as it is sometimes giving unknown for the source language.
There isn't much I can do with it. The translator should however remember the last selected language...
dsmid is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-25-2014, 05:09 AM   #66
dsmid
Linux devotee
dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm sorry for the mistake in German localization files, it should be fixed in the latest release.
I decided to stop supporting the 'replacement' variants as it made the updating process too complex and error-prone. They do not work as expected in the latest PW firmwares anyway.
  • Added Swedish
  • Added Icelandic
Old 07-31-2014, 10:56 AM   #67
razgulay
razgulay began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite 2
Could you add Vietnamese, thanks u so much
razgulay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 03:26 AM   #68
lukeroge
Enthusiast
lukeroge began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Does this work on the 4GB paperwhite 2 with the latest firmware?
lukeroge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 12:27 PM   #69
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Most likely, but the update package might need to be repacked with the latest KindleTool snapshot.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 05:09 AM   #70
dsmid
Linux devotee

AcXE version 7:
Just repackaged with the newest KindleTool to support installing on the new 4GB PW2 model.
Old 08-17-2014, 05:11 AM   #71
dsmid
Linux devotee

gtranslator ACX updated:
  • Added Vietnamese
  • Added Thai
  • Added Lao
  • Added Khmer
Old 09-02-2014, 09:00 AM   #72
Karel4d
Karel4d began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW 2 5.4.5.1
I have a Kindle PW2 5.4.5.1. I tried to install google translate, but does't work, I don't know why, because Kindle said update was successfully installed.
What do you thing, it is because of my firmware?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmid View Post
This hack enables using custom ACXs (Active Content Extensions, W3C Widgets activated on text selection).

These extensions can be installed by placing to folder system/acw/ in user store or to folder /opt/amazon/acw on the system partition (this is the preferred location as the firmware can remove/recreatesystem/acw/ content any time).

See https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kindle_Touch_ACX for more information.

Everything needed for ACX signing (signing app in Java, appropriate private key) can be found here:
https://github.com/dsmid/kindle-pw2-...master/signing

Attached sample ACXs adds ability to translate selection with Google Translate to your Kindle.

Install AcXE (Update_acxe_*_install.bin from acxe_*.zip), put gtranslator.acx (the one for your device) in [userstore]/system/acw/, reboot Kindle and you should see a new "Google Translate" item in the "More" menu after you highlight some text.

Supported languages:
Spoiler:
English
French
German
Portuguese
Spanish
Italian
Dutch
Japanese
Korean
Russian
Chinese Simplified
Chinese Traditional
Finnish
Norwegian
Hindi
Danish
Latin
Czech
Slovak
Polish
Ukrainian
Greek
Hebrew
Turkish
Croatian
Serbian
Romanian
Latvian
Lithuanian
Estonian
Hungarian
Bulgarian
Arabian
Swedish
Icelandic

I can add other languages if needed.

This works on PW2, PW1 and Touch.
Karel4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 01:55 AM   #73
Lenorav
Enthusiast
Lenorav began at the beginning.

Where put those keys? https://github.com/dsmid/kindle-pw2-...master/signing
I tried installing in pw2, see the menu Google Translator in more, but it's not working.

Edit: Ignore this my post.

Last edited by Lenorav; 09-03-2014 at 02:59 AM. Reason: Work now.
Lenorav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 01:56 AM   #74
Lenorav
Enthusiast
Lenorav began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karel4d View Post
I have a Kindle PW2 5.4.5.1. I tried to install google translate, but does't work, I don't know why, because Kindle said update was successfully installed.
What do you thing, it is because of my firmware?
I had the same problem just now.

It worked for me after having restarted the kindle when put acx.

Last edited by Lenorav; 09-03-2014 at 02:57 AM.
Lenorav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 10:30 PM   #75
jonathandb
jonathandb began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW 5.3.4 JB
I tried to follow these steps 3 times now using V7:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmid View Post
Install AcXE (Update_acxe_*_install.bin from acxe_*.zip), put gtranslator.acx (the one for your device) in [userstore]/system/acw/, reboot Kindle and you should see a new "Google Translate" item in the "More" menu after you highlight some text.
Each time I:
- copied the uninstall bin to /mnt/us/ and updated
- copied the install bin to /mnt/us/ and the gtranslator.acx to /mnt/us/system/acw and updated

But I haven't been able to make it working. Is there anyone using a pw1 having similar issues?
jonathandb is offline   Reply With Quote