Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 12-15-2012, 01:45 PM   #1
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool Free Comic Viewer App recommendations?

I just installed Onion Comic Viewer and it's a bit clumsy to use. Any free app recommendations?

alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 04:56 PM   #2
WillysJeepMan
Guru
WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, KFHD7, GTab 8.4 Pro, iPadAir 2
I've been using Komik.
WillysJeepMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2012, 05:48 PM   #3
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cool Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysJeepMan View Post
I've been using Komik.
Thanks, but I can't seem to get it downloaded/installed on my Fire 2nd Gen.

Old 12-15-2012, 07:00 PM   #4
WillysJeepMan
Guru
WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
Thanks, but I can't seem to get it downloaded/installed on my Fire 2nd Gen.

Sorry! I send you the Google Play link. Check to see if it is available on the Amazon App Store, or GetJar, or other repository. Alternatively, if you have access to an Android smartphone then download it from Google Play and use ES File Explorer to "backup" the .apk file (that the executable) and copy that file over to your Kindle Fire and side-load it that way.

If I find an alternative source, I'll post the link here.
Old 12-15-2012, 07:16 PM   #5
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool BAH!! (frustrated)

Quote:
Sorry! I send you the Google Play link. Check to see if it is available on the Amazon App Store, or GetJar, or other repository. Alternatively, if you have access to an Android smartphone then download it from Google Play and use ES File Explorer to "backup" the .apk file (that the executable) and copy that file over to your Kindle Fire and side-load it that way.

If I find an alternative source, I'll post the link here.
....sigh! I feel so dumb. Ok, I have no smartphone. Apps store on my Fire does not have it and I cannot download it from google play on my computer-> to my computer. and I've gone to google play on the Fire and punched 'install' till I'm blue in the face and it doesn't appear to do anything! BAH!!

Advert
Old 12-16-2012, 02:35 PM   #6
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool

I never found your recommended app where I could use it, but I did locate a website that allows you to download a free version of Perfect Viewer to your computer here. So I put it in my dropbox folder and dropbox allowed me to install it. It works just fine and now I need to figure out how to get comics to display the app's bookshelf.

Thanks for your assistance and suggestions!

Old 12-16-2012, 04:17 PM   #7
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Komik

Finally got Komik installed and I immediately uninstalled and removed Perfect Viewer (which had turned out to be both bloatware and begware). Thanks for your valuable assistance.

Old 12-17-2012, 12:55 AM   #8
VaultBoy
Addict
VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle of many shapes, PIPBoy 3000
Eh, I haven't had any problems with perfect viewer, personally.

But, if you've found something that works, good!
VaultBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 02:02 PM   #9
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool cut off

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaultBoy View Post

Thanks. But, I'm sticking with Komik, for a while anyhow. One problem I'm unable to remedy (yet?) is that the Fire (2nd gen) button bar (?) remains visible at the screen bottom and, in certain frames, cuts off the last line of text in a low bubble. Maybe someone has a remedy for this?

Old 12-18-2012, 12:27 AM   #10
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool back to Perfect Viewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaultBoy View Post

Quote:
Thanks. But, I'm sticking with Komik, for a while anyhow. One problem I'm unable to remedy (yet?) is that the Fire (2nd gen) button bar (?) remains visible at the screen bottom and, in certain frames, cuts off the last line of text in a low bubble. Maybe someone has a remedy for this?
Oops! I guess I'm gonna' switch back to Perfect Viewer, at least for a while. I reinstalled it and it never begged me once and I was able to fit the whole page on the screen, thus was able to read those lower lines at the bottom. Also I got my comics to display on the bookshelf!

Hooray!

Last edited by alansplace; 12-18-2012 at 12:29 AM. Reason: fix formatting
Old 12-18-2012, 03:08 PM   #11
WillysJeepMan
Guru

Quote:

I wonder if that is a difference between KFHD and KF2 (and the underlying version of Android).

Attached is a screenshot of using Komik on my KFHD. The buttonbar is visible but the entire page is also visible.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-12-18-13-05-07.jpg
Views:	299
Size:	158.6 KB
ID:	97886  
Old 12-18-2012, 03:15 PM   #12
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Android version

Quote:
I wonder if that is a difference between KFHD and KF2 (and the underlying version of Android).

Attached is a screenshot of using Komik on my KFHD. The buttonbar is visible but the entire page is also visible.
I don't think so as they both have Ice Cream Sandwich (4.0). Possibly the physical screen size difference?

Old 12-18-2012, 03:31 PM   #13
WillysJeepMan
Guru

Quote:
I don't think so as they both have Ice Cream Sandwich (4.0). Possibly the physical screen size difference?

I didn't know that the KF2 uses ICS under the covers. I used Komik on my KF1 (before I traded it in for a KFHD) and it worked fine. The KF1 used 2.3.
Old 12-18-2012, 03:37 PM   #14
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool 1st gen fires

Quote:
I didn't know that the KF2 uses ICS under the covers. I used Komik on my KF1 (before I traded it in for a KFHD) and it worked fine. The KF1 used 2.3.
Yep, my grandchildren have 1st gen fires with 2.3.