Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 07-20-2016, 09:21 AM   #106
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbacelar View Post
I think I have not explained well (because my English nefarious).
I try to do better:
1- The contents of the file ChareInk-NoHinting.zip corresponds to the content ChareInk-NoWeight-NoHinting.zip file.
2- The contents of the file ChareInk-NoWeight-NoHinting.zip is correct, except ChareInk-Bold.ttf that actually belongs to the group ChareInk-NoHinting with weight.
That's perfect. Thank you. I've fixed the two ZIP files. They should be good to go.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 09:32 AM   #107
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Yes, there are another mistakes in both ZIP files. This is now fixed. Sorry if this caused any inconvenience.
Could you add the latest versions to the first post? That way newcomers will be able to find them easily.

Or at least include a link to the post with the current versions.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-20-2016, 10:16 AM   #108
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Could you add the latest versions to the first post? That way newcomers will be able to find them easily.

Or at least include a link to the post with the current versions.
I've edited the first post to add in the attachments.
Old 07-21-2016, 03:06 AM   #109
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
No luck here! The font is thinner than the test version (Weighted version I'm talking about)
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 03:49 AM   #110
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
No luck here! The font is thinner than the test version (Weighted version I'm talking about)
I don't see how that can be. I made them both the same. The only difference is the name. Looking at both versions with Windows Font Viewer, they look to have the same weight.

If you like, I can make a new version with more weight for you to try.
Advert
Old 07-21-2016, 04:06 AM   #111
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No, I've discovered the reason (as I work with software, I suppose I'm suspicious by nature). Although I'd removed the font and added the new ones, Kobo wasn't getting the new info.

I've removed the font, switched off the Kobo, switched it on and loaded the font. It has worked then.
Old 07-21-2016, 04:17 AM   #112
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
No, I've discovered the reason (as I work with software, I suppose I'm suspicious by nature). Although I'd removed the font and added the new ones, Kobo wasn't getting the new info.

I've removed the font, switched off the Kobo, switched it on and loaded the font. It has worked then.
Yes, with Kobo, rebooting when adding or removing fonts is what you need to do.
Old 07-21-2016, 05:18 AM   #113
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Thank you, I lacked that piece of info, and it was giving me problems. Now it works perfectly (and I've sent it to a friend who saw your font in my Kobo and liked it, so thank you from her).
Old 07-21-2016, 08:23 AM   #114
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Thank you, I lacked that piece of info, and it was giving me problems. Now it works perfectly (and I've sent it to a friend who saw your font in my Kobo and liked it, so thank you from her).
Your both welcome. Feel free to send it to anyone you want.

I had forgotten I needed to reboot my Kobo when I put in the first test version and side loaded fonts did not work properly.
Old 07-21-2016, 12:01 PM   #115
Kaysclie
Addict
Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Forma, Aura One,Ipad Pro 10.5, Oasis 3
Fantastic....I just put your font on my Aura H2O and it looks fantastic. Thank you so very much!
Kaysclie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 12:58 PM   #116
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaysclie View Post
Fantastic....I just put your font on my Aura H2O and it looks fantastic. Thank you so very much!
You're very welcome.
Old 07-25-2016, 10:52 AM   #117
marshap
Enthusiast
marshap began at the beginning.

Device: Libra 2
Looks great! Thank you.
marshap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 03:29 PM   #118
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

I'm currently going through the kerning and adjusting it by hand. So I should have a new version to post by next week sometime.
Old 03-14-2017, 10:42 AM   #119
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
It would be nice to have a picture of the fonts in the first post.
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 07:04 AM   #120
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

I've updated the fonts in the first post. Ive edited the kerning some. There is no hinting with these fonts. So please see the first post in this thread to download the new versions.