Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

View Poll Results: How many ebooks have you read from cover to cover?
10 or less 2 1.04%
11 to 25 14 7.25%
26 to 50 13 6.74%
51 to 100 15 7.77%
101 or more 149 77.20%
Voters: 193. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-13-2013, 09:31 PM   #1
Julius Caesar
Addict
Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
How many ebooks have you read from cover to cover per year?

You can disregard the end notes, the foot notes, the preface and the appendix but you pretty much read the whole chapters. Ebooks only. Do not count printed books.

EDIT: I meant to say per year. Sorry

Last edited by Julius Caesar; 09-14-2013 at 02:55 AM.
Julius Caesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 10:00 PM   #2
wawasteele
Addict
wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 1st PW, Sansa Clip Zip, Samsungs: GT 7.0 Plus, Note4, GT 4 10.1"
Five answers so far, and all five say 101 or more. Not sure what that means, but it will be interesting to see the tally after more votes.

eBooks are the only kind I read anymore. They are just so much easier in every way.
wawasteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 10:10 PM   #3
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Surface Go & Kindle 3 - Retired: DellV8p, Clie UX50, ...
It's impossible for me to pin the number down accurately. My calibre library shows slightly over 500 titles read, though a fair number are single short stories and not as long a read as traditional paper volumes, which are usually longer works or collections.

Also, there are likely some 50-150 which are "lost" in the ether, ebooks that never were converted to "modern" formats and lost or deleted long ago.
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 10:19 PM   #4
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
I read more than 100 ebooks a year. Since I started reading ebooks? Probably more than 500 and less than 1000.

OP, what made you think users of this forum would have only read dozens of ebooks?
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 10:28 PM   #5
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by wawasteele View Post
Five answers so far, and all five say 101 or more. Not sure what that means, but it will be interesting to see the tally after more votes.

eBooks are the only kind I read anymore. They are just so much easier in every way.
It means this is mobileread and many of us have been reading ebooks since the last century. And for many, 100 ebooks is a year's worth of reading.
The poll needs to go into the thousands to find much differentiation.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 10:30 PM   #6
BelleZora
Wizard
BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synamon View Post
I read more than 100 ebooks a year. Since I started reading ebooks? Probably more than 500 and less than 1000.

OP, what made you think users of this forum would have only read dozens of ebooks?
Synamon is surely typical of the people who frequent MR. I've read 278 books, cover to cover, since 01 Jan 2012, with no more than 2 dozen being paper books. I read more since I bought my first ereader because I no longer get headaches or pain in my arthritic hands. Plus MR itself encourages reading with the lively discussions and irresistible recommendations.
BelleZora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 10:39 PM   #7
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by BelleZora View Post
Synamon is surely typical of the people who frequent MR. I've read 278 books, cover to cover, since 01 Jan 2012, with no more than 2 dozen being paper books. I read more since I bought my first ereader because I no longer get headaches or pain in my arthritic hands. Plus MR itself encourages reading with the lively discussions and irresistible recommendations.
My mother is the same with her ereader.

I used to skip to the back at least 25% of the time with paper books. I have rarely done this with ebooks. It is easy to change books and go back, plus I find it easier to select things I know I want to read. Even browsing the library is easier than pulling books from the shelves.

I have read approximately 500 ebooks since 2010, (I only work 5 months a year) and have at least 50 more that I have read about halfway. Mybe I will finish them and maybe I won't

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 11:30 PM   #8
calvin-c
Guru
calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moon+ Pro
I must be busier than most, or maybe I just prefer to read longer books. I haven't kept track but I figure I read 50-100 books/year probably half-and-half ebooks/pbooks. From about 2002-2008 I accumulated a backlog of ebooks so even though I've bought mostly pbooks (when I've bought books) the last few years I'm still reading about 50/50. And I completely read more than 50% of what I start so I'm definitely over 100 total. (And it'll continue to grow as I've resumed buying ebooks.)
calvin-c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 12:29 AM   #9
Nightyume
Addict
Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.

Device: HTC One, Galaxy Note 10.1, Kobo Aura
Well, I've had my e-reader for about half a year and it's gone kaput now, but if I add the occasional ebook I read on a cell phone in the past (going as far back as hvga 2.5" screens which is hellish for reading) I'd say it's less than fifty. But I am sure those numers will quicly grow once I get a new e-reader =D

I think this poll is better as an indicator of how long people have had their e-reader =P
Nightyume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 12:39 AM   #10
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
I've been reading digitally since 2004, though I still read mostly print until I got my reader in 2010. I usually read 200+ books per year. I took the question to mean how many ebooks have you read from cover to cover ever not just this year. But either way 101 or more would be my answer.

Last edited by library addict; 09-14-2013 at 12:44 AM.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 01:24 AM   #11
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
I started in 2008, and have read at least 100 per year.....
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 02:46 AM   #12
Julius Caesar
Addict
Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synamon View Post

Because most people I know don't read books for pleasure anymore. They may read here and there but only because it is required for their jobs or their schools and none of them read from cover to cover. I am glad that most people here read more than 100 per year but are we the minority?

Last edited by Julius Caesar; 09-14-2013 at 02:49 AM.
Julius Caesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 03:22 AM   #13
Mhtsos
Enthusiast
Mhtsos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mhtsos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mhtsos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mhtsos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mhtsos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mhtsos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mhtsos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mhtsos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mhtsos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mhtsos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mhtsos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer Iconia A210,Sony PRS-T1(sold),Cybook Orizon,Kobo Glo,Kindle PW2
Since 2006-7 ( novels) more than 600.
From 2010 that I bought my first e-book reader I usually read about 110+ books a year.
Mhtsos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 06:30 AM   #14
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
I read every free moment I have. I have always done this and if anything it has increased with ebooks. 100 books is nothing for me, even if we were limiting it to per year.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 07:06 AM   #15
crossi
Guru
crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
I would guess I average about a book/day and I've had my reader for 3 years or so.
crossi is offline   Reply With Quote