Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > BeBook

Notices

Old 08-29-2010, 01:16 AM   #1
laurai
Biblophibian
laurai began at the beginning.

Device: (BeBook mini - dead) Kindle 3
Is it dead Jim?

I had a disaster with my Bebook mini, it got rather wet. It started beeping constantly and produced the message "Nandi flash scan program" I eventually got it to stop beeping, took out the battery and let it dry. Trying again it claimed to be looking for an SD card to reload the firmware. So I loaded the latest firmware on an SD card and tried to bring it back. The machine sees the SD card and starts to reload, then it cancels, starts beeping and says press any key to reboot. No key does anything, pressing the reset button repeats the process. The only way to get it to stop beeping is to take out the battery.

Anyone have a suggestion other than buy a new reader?

Laura
laurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 01:05 PM   #2
Stormchild
Evangelist
Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1. BeBook Mini. BeBook Neo and Club. BeBook Live. BeeBook Pure.
Bummer. Sadly, it sounds dead to me. I would keep trying over the next few days though. You never know. Does it still show up on your PC? If so, it might be worth trying to format the memory.
Stormchild is offline   Reply With Quote