Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-01-2018, 10:55 AM   #1
BKh
Zealot
BKh can extract oil from cheeseBKh can extract oil from cheeseBKh can extract oil from cheeseBKh can extract oil from cheeseBKh can extract oil from cheeseBKh can extract oil from cheeseBKh can extract oil from cheeseBKh can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle
Does the latest Kindle Voyage Firmware update include clock at top of reading screen?

Can anyone confirm if the latest (or previous for that matter) software upgrades to the Kindle Voyage include the feature now available on the Oasis to put the clock at the top of the reading screen? To be clear, I'm not talking about the clock we can see when we open the top menu bar while reading. It is an always present clock while reading.

Please see attached screen shots, one while reading and one showing where the setting can be enabled.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2018_10_01T09_51_15-0500.png
Views:	325
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	166638   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2018_10_01T09_52_13-0500.png
Views:	352
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	166639  
BKh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 02:39 PM   #2
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
I don't use it, but it works on my Kindle Basic (8th Generation). I forgot how to turn it on but finally figured it out — you go to fonts, reader settings. The settings look just like what you've posted in your images.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2018, 02:57 PM   #3
ElspethB
Passionate Reader
ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S3, Kobo Clara HD, Fire HD 8, Voyage, Oasis 3, PW5
I have firmware 5.9.7 on my Voyage. Not sure if that's the latest, but I can confirm that it has the "Show Clock While Reading" option.
ElspethB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 05:51 PM   #4
BKh
Zealot
BKh can extract oil from cheeseBKh can extract oil from cheeseBKh can extract oil from cheeseBKh can extract oil from cheeseBKh can extract oil from cheeseBKh can extract oil from cheeseBKh can extract oil from cheeseBKh can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle
Thanks!!
BKh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 10:39 AM   #5
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Yes, I too have the clock on top of the page. It does not work in my Asimov subscription issues. I am a bit disappointed that they didn't include the real page numbers in the update, but I will live.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-02-2018, 01:39 PM   #6
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Scribe, iPad Pro 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarana View Post
Yes, I too have the clock on top of the page. It does not work in my Asimov subscription issues. I am a bit disappointed that they didn't include the real page numbers in the update, but I will live.
Amazon haven‘t upgraded their magazine/newspaper format for the Kindle in years. It’s still based on ‘old mobi’. Hence all the missing features (typography related, and now the clock)
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 02:16 PM   #7
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyb View Post
Amazon haven‘t upgraded their magazine/newspaper format for the Kindle in years. It’s still based on ‘old mobi’. Hence all the missing features (typography related, and now the clock)
Thanks, I didn't know that. I was mostly frustrated by the lack of bookmarking in the magazines. Someday, I'd like to be able to excise my favorite stories (sometimes only one in the magazine) to make a collection of favorite stories, but for now, I just save them in Calibre with notes. There is probably a way to do it with Sigil, but I can't really figure that program out very well.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 12:42 PM   #8
OakdaleMike
Enthusiast
OakdaleMike doesn't litterOakdaleMike doesn't litter

Device: PRS-900, rooted Nook Color
I missed this one.

I found it on my first-gen Oasis. While reading a book, tap the top of the screen, then Aa, then Reading Settings, and turn on Show Clock While Reading.

Thanks, all, this saves me turning my wrist and moving my eyes to find out what time it is!

Actually, with nighttime insomnia, this could be a nice feature to increase your terror at how much sleep you are losing...
OakdaleMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 06:49 PM   #9
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by OakdaleMike View Post
Actually, with nighttime insomnia, this could be a nice feature to increase your terror at how much sleep you are losing...
That's why I don't like the idea of a "constant" clock on my reader. It would make feel guilty about reading too long.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote