Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 06-04-2018, 04:18 PM   #1
vr8ce
Enthusiast
vr8ce can load mercury with a pitchforkvr8ce can load mercury with a pitchforkvr8ce can load mercury with a pitchforkvr8ce can load mercury with a pitchforkvr8ce can load mercury with a pitchforkvr8ce can load mercury with a pitchforkvr8ce can load mercury with a pitchforkvr8ce can load mercury with a pitchforkvr8ce can load mercury with a pitchforkvr8ce can load mercury with a pitchforkvr8ce can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: iPad Pro 9.7"
Replace UPPER with lower?

Does Calibre not have a replacement expression to replace a match with the lowercase version of the match? I've tried the usual regex means of doing so (\L&, e.g.), and nothing seems to work.

I really don't want to use regex functions (and have to write a function) to do something this trivial, so I assume I'm missing something. I've read the pertinent section of the user's guide, and don't see anything mentioned there, either. (I searched for "lower" everywhere in the regex page.)
vr8ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 04:41 PM   #2
vr8ce
Enthusiast
vr8ce can load mercury with a pitchforkvr8ce can load mercury with a pitchforkvr8ce can load mercury with a pitchforkvr8ce can load mercury with a pitchforkvr8ce can load mercury with a pitchforkvr8ce can load mercury with a pitchforkvr8ce can load mercury with a pitchforkvr8ce can load mercury with a pitchforkvr8ce can load mercury with a pitchforkvr8ce can load mercury with a pitchforkvr8ce can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: iPad Pro 9.7"
I'm still curious about affecting case in replacement expressions (seems an odd omission in this day and age), but I see that function replacements has a built-in to do what I want. So, never mind, sorry for the noise.
vr8ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-06-2018, 01:42 AM   #3
GregTheGrate
Connoisseur
GregTheGrate began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, iPad
I have a similar problem. I have a book that has roman numerals for chapter numbers. Some of the characters in the chapter number have been scanned as lower case and I would like to convert them to upper. I use Regex search as ([xXvViIlL]+) which finds the chapter numbers. I cannot find the correct replacement string to convert the resulting \1 to upper case. Any help would be appreciated
GregTheGrate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 02:30 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/function_mode.html
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 09:43 PM   #5
GregTheGrate
Connoisseur
GregTheGrate began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, iPad
Many thanks
GregTheGrate is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert