Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 06-20-2017, 04:44 AM   #1
Jctrouss
Jctrouss began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad
[IOS] Refresh of available libraries on OneDrive

Hello,
I use both versions of Calibre Companion (Ios and Android). I'm storing my calibre libraries on OneDrive. I have added a few libraries to OneDrive three days ago. I can see and access them with the android version. But I'm unable to get a refreshed list on the Ios app. I only get the libraries known before my update. I have tried every option available to force a reload of the list short of uninstalling the app.
Am i doing something wrong ? Or is it a bug ?
Thanks.
Jean-Christophe
Jctrouss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 11:37 AM   #2
Steve_Haley
CC iOS Developer
Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.

Device: Variety phones/tablets
Hello Jean-Christophe,

It seems this is a bug in OneDrive actually. The way the iOS app finds libraries is to search your drive for files called "metadata.db". I've just added a 2nd library to my OneDrive, and as you reported, CC couldn't find it. However, if I log in and search OneDrive via their website, it still only reports one file called "metadata.db", despite there actually being two.

So... this means OneDrive's searching assumes there will only ever be one file with a certain name. Unless there's some way to fix that with OneDrive there's no way for CC to know that the other libraries exist.

Sorry!
Steve_Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-18-2018, 09:16 PM   #3
nevsf
nevsf began at the beginning.

Device: Sony eReader
I'm running the latest Calibre Companion and it's not finding my library in OneDrive. As far as I know, there's only one metadata.db in OneDrive, but CC isn't finding it at all.

Oddly, if I use Dropbox, CC works fine, but unfortunately I'm migrating away from Dropbox.
nevsf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ios calibrecompanion