Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-12-2009, 04:22 PM   #106
Bski
Bski began at the beginning.

Device: sony ebook
I uninstalled and then reinstalled and got the same message "loaned books cannot be imported from Reader. Any other suggestions?
Bski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 04:36 PM   #107
TS-Rick
TS-Rick began at the beginning.

Device: CyBook Gen3, iPhone, PRS-505 (Blue)
@SteveK

Thanks for the netLibrary discovery.

Just downloaded my first audiobook from there!! :-)

Rick
TS-Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-12-2009, 05:12 PM   #108
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Sony PRS-650, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bski View Post
I uninstalled and then reinstalled and got the same message "loaned books cannot be imported from Reader. Any other suggestions?
Are you borrowing PDF and not Mobipocket? PDF is what will work on your Sony.

Try going through the help screen on Adobe's website http://www.adobe.com/products/digitaleditions/help/
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 11:40 AM   #109
Bski

Quote:
Originally Posted by grooks View Post
Are you borrowing PDF and not Mobipocket? PDF is what will work on your Sony.

Try going through the help screen on Adobe's website http://www.adobe.com/products/digitaleditions/help/
I'm borrowing PDFs. I've read over the info on Adobe's help site, but can't find anything that will help. The weird thing is that it worked when I had DE 1.5 and then didn't when I installed DE 1.7. i can't help but think it has to do with the new version. Even when i try to open the books in my Sony eBook library, it says my PC isn't authorized to preview this book, even though it's authorized. i'm not a computer guru by any means and i really want to get this figured out.
Old 02-13-2009, 12:58 PM   #110
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Sony PRS-650, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 7
Read the last post in the below thread. Maybe try to contact the member 'Jim Lester' to see if he can help with the problem.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38862
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-13-2009, 01:34 PM   #111
Jim Lester
Evangelist
Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.

Device: Nook HD, Nook for Windows 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bski View Post
I'm borrowing PDFs. I've read over the info on Adobe's help site, but can't find anything that will help. The weird thing is that it worked when I had DE 1.5 and then didn't when I installed DE 1.7. i can't help but think it has to do with the new version. Even when i try to open the books in my Sony eBook library, it says my PC isn't authorized to preview this book, even though it's authorized. i'm not a computer guru by any means and i really want to get this figured out.
The Reader and Digital Editions are not agreeing on who you are. While selecting "Authorize Computer" will tell you who Digital Editions thinks you are, there is no good way to determine who the Sony Reader thinks you are, so you will need to force the issue.

Deauthorize the Reader:
With Digital Editions running, and the Reader plugged in and recognized by Digital Editions, press Ctrl+Shift+E. This should bring up the "De-authorization dialog"

After you have Deauthorized, close Digital Editions, remove the Reader, and then restart Digital Editions, and replug in your Reader. This should cause the Device Authorization dialog to come up, and allow you to authorize the Reader with the same AdobeID as you are currently using in Digital Editions.

If this does not work your best bet will be to contact Tech Support (Web Only) at http://www.adobe.com/support/digitaleditions
Jim Lester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 12:23 PM   #112
Bski

I deauthorized my ebook and then reauthorized it. i still keep getting the same message "loaned books cannot be imported from Reader". I also opened a case with Adobe concerning this problem. Still haven't heard from anyone. Because my Adobe reader 7.0 will open the book i borrowed, but my Digital Editions won't, i assume the problem lies somewhere between the two programs. Any other ideas--i'll try anything. Thanks!
Old 03-03-2009, 01:43 PM   #113
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
Bski--

Can you re-download the book and when it asks you which program to use tell it to open with Adobe Digital Editions?

Hope you get some answers--I know dealing with all of the hoops is very frustrating!

dordale
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 01:23 PM   #114
Bski

How do I get books to open first in Digital Editions? It seems like they have to open in Adobe Reader first, which sort of "unlocks" them. When the library books are downloaded on my computer, they are in a type of file that Digital Editions doesn't recognize, but when I open them in Adobe Reader, then they are then in PDF format, which the Digital Editions does then recognize. I have re downloaded several books and I'm still having the same problems.
Old 03-10-2009, 04:03 PM   #115
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
ADE can read both PDF and ePUB. It should recognize PDF's just fine. Is you copy of ADE registered?
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 05:18 PM   #116
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
Bski--

When I download PDF books from the library, my computer is set to automatically open them in Digital Editions rather than Adobe Reader. Then I can copy the books over to my Reader with no problem.

You may need to re-install your copy of Digital Editions for this to have open.

dordale
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 02:41 AM   #117
Curly
I need a holiday!
Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: PRS-505, ipod touch
When you download your books are you clicking 'save' or 'open'? If you use 'open' Digital Editions should open and save the file for you.
Curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 11:36 PM   #118
SteveK
Addict
SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PW2, Kindle3, Kobo Glo, tablets, phone
TS-Rick - It's been a while since I checked out this thread, so I just now saw your response to my post about NetLibrary. It was almost an accidental discovery, as the listings are completely separate from the mp3 and wma audiobooks. Hope you enjoy it!

SteveK
SteveK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 12:30 PM   #119
Bski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly View Post
When you download your books are you clicking 'save' or 'open'? If you use 'open' Digital Editions should open and save the file for you.
Thank you, thank you, thank you! It turns out my computer was automatically opening my ebooks in Adobe Reader 7. I uninstalled it and when i redownloaded a book, i opened it with digital editions and it worked!! I haven't tried to transfer it to my sony ereader yet, but my fingers are crossed that it will work! Thanks a million to all who gave advice!
Old 03-17-2009, 05:47 PM   #120
Curly
I need a holiday!
Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: PRS-505, ipod touch
Great, I'm glad to hear it worked!

Happy reading.
Curly is offline   Reply With Quote