Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-02-2014, 03:53 PM   #151
ft.parham
ft.parham began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle touch
Hi dear all
I finally I installed both Doukan and KUAL launcher. I asked for masters here to help me but nobody helped me.
BTW, my lovely PW launches Doukan & kindle menu at the same time now. The point is here, my battery is draining like hell...
Yesterday it was full but today is 65%!
I didn't read even a page.
What should I do with that task manager?
PS:
My WiFi was off all the time and so was back light

Last edited by ft.parham; 03-02-2014 at 03:54 PM. Reason: polish
ft.parham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 07:32 PM   #152
brianinmaine
Evangelist
brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Touch (5.3.7)
Since there is not a lot of love on this forum for Duokan, I would suggest uninstalling that and see if your woes go away. Or back trace your steps and unistall until you are happy. I do not have Duokan and I have many extensions including this wonderful menu, but my battery lasts at least a week including much use of text to speech.

Good luck!
brianinmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-02-2014, 08:05 PM   #153
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianinmaine View Post
Since there is not a lot of love on this forum for Duokan, ...
A very nice summary.
Better than what I would write.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 12:32 PM   #154
ft.parham
ft.parham began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle touch
Thanks a million dear brianinmaine
Let's see what will happen
ft.parham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 06:29 AM   #155
Aeris
Developer's Corner Mascot
Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5.3.4, Kindle Keyboard 3.4
Hi guys! Long time I didn't enter the forum.. I see that there is a new firmware version for Kindle Paperwhite 1st gen (5.4.4). Could you confirm that jailbreak, kual, kindle menu and all the other stuff still works on this version? Thank you in advance

Ah, another question... what are Cloud Collections and why people seems to hate them?

Last edited by Aeris; 03-12-2014 at 06:46 AM.
Aeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-12-2014, 07:21 AM   #156
Akirainblack
abibliophobic
Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV jailbroken
Hello Aeris,
I believe all of those have been confirmed working with 5.4.4

I also believe that cloud collections are stored on Amazon's servers which causes problems with nested collections created with ixtab's collection manager.
At least that's what I understand by the term "cloud" and from what I've read in the collection manager thread.

Oh and any chance of adding kindcalc to the apps this can launch, please?

Last edited by Akirainblack; 03-12-2014 at 07:28 AM. Reason: adding request
Akirainblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 09:40 AM   #157
Aeris
Developer's Corner Mascot
Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5.3.4, Kindle Keyboard 3.4
Thank you! I've upgraded my Kindle Paperwhite 1st gen to 5.4.4 and I can confirm that everything seems to run great on it (Kindle Menu too)

Regarding the app "kindcalc"... Kindle Menu does already embed a calculator app (Galculator). If you want to edit that icon to replace it with a Kindcalc shortcut instead, you could give a glance to the section "Guide: How to add your custom app launcher to Kindle Menu:" in the first post of this thread

Last edited by Aeris; 03-13-2014 at 09:42 AM.
Aeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 05:37 AM   #158
Akirainblack
abibliophobic
Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV jailbroken
Good point, well made, didn't spot that. Thank you Aeris.
Akirainblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 02:07 AM   #159
pantera10684
Enthusiast
pantera10684 began at the beginning.

Device: PW2
WHat is the removing procedure? I deleted KindleMenu folder, it affected KUAL menu? only picture removed
pantera10684 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 07:24 AM   #160
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantera10684 View Post
WHat is the removing procedure? I deleted KindleMenu folder, it affected KUAL menu? only picture removed
Just what all where you expecting to happen?
Those are two different applications.
Old 04-13-2014, 06:07 PM   #161
KevinA
KevinA began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Worked! only issue is having to restart it after leaving an application.

What's the deal with kterm? I was screwing around and tried su I had access to root without a password? I was expecting to have to spend a day or two getting root access!
KevinA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 09:39 PM   #162
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinA View Post
Worked! only issue is having to restart it after leaving an application.

What's the deal with kterm? I was screwing around and tried su I had access to root without a password? I was expecting to have to spend a day or two getting root access!
it runs as user root already.
most things do (run as 'root' that is).
there are a few other user names (all user ID 0).
Old 05-04-2014, 12:29 PM   #163
Dexmaster
Connoisseur
Dexmaster might easily be mistaken for a TexanDexmaster might easily be mistaken for a TexanDexmaster might easily be mistaken for a TexanDexmaster might easily be mistaken for a TexanDexmaster might easily be mistaken for a TexanDexmaster might easily be mistaken for a TexanDexmaster might easily be mistaken for a TexanDexmaster might easily be mistaken for a TexanDexmaster might easily be mistaken for a TexanDexmaster might easily be mistaken for a TexanDexmaster might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: Kindle PW5 (11th gen, 6.8in)
Hello, could you add "collate menus" to your "More apps" option??
I restructured menu a bit and it looks perfect in KUAL,
but bad in "More apps" on main screen of "Kindle Menu"...
Thanks!
Dexmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 03:01 PM   #164
Rencam
Rencam began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle pw (1)
Hi, I'm just new on this forum, I've read all post here and have installed Kindle menu. But - don't know where is the problem, it doesn't run for me.
So I want check out if I did all what I should...

I have Paperwhite 1st generation, 5.4.4.2

1. jailbreak
2. MKK (root)
3. KUAL (documents)
4. Kual helper (extensions)
5. Kindle menu (extensions)
In my Kindle, there is Kindle launcher and I can open it and there is the list: (Kual, Kindle Menu, Kindle Explorer, Leafpad...) But when I want enable status bar shortcut nothing happen, I can't see the statusbar above...
Can you help me please? Thank you...

Last edited by Rencam; 05-10-2014 at 03:15 PM.
Rencam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 03:39 PM   #165
knc1
Going Viral

The KUAL launcher and the Kindle Menu are two different, menu oriented, applications.

From your post, I can't be exactly clear on which of the two applications you are finding failures in.

Also,
From this thread, the most recent firmware the Kindle Menu was tested on was 5.4.4 (not your 5.4.4.2).

So there is always the chance that Amazon screwed up our menu systems.

Tags
launcher add-ons