Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 07-30-2011, 04:53 PM   #1
GMFuller
Connoisseur
GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Calibre 0.8.12 Overwrites 'Im_Reading' and 'Read' Status on original Kobo

I have an original Kobo (firmware version 1.8.1 (r22228 Dec 13 2010)). I've just tried copying 2 books to it with the latest version of calibre. The 'Collections' in the device view is overwritten with the tags in the library view, replacing the 'Im_Reading' and 'Read' statuses.

Now, my Kobo shows all my read books as unread, and the "I'm Reading" section is cleared.

Double-clicking in the device view per the 'Double click to edit me' tool-tip opens the book to read, it doesn't allow the field to be edited.

I've been using calibre for a while and haven't noticed this before.
GMFuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 05:07 PM   #2
GMFuller
Connoisseur
GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Further information - I opened one of the books I had been reading on my Kobo and it returned to the correct page. So, even though its status got changed to 'Unread' whatever the Kobo uses to return to the correct page when you resume reading wasn't affected.
Advert
Old 07-30-2011, 05:50 PM   #3
GMFuller
Connoisseur

I believe I may have found a work-around. I added 'Im_Reading' and 'Read' to a few books' tags in Calibre and connected the Kobo and it set the statuses on the device correctly.
Old 07-30-2011, 06:59 PM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
You might check what setting you have for Metadata management in Import/Export | Sending books to device.

I'd had a similar issue on the WiFi Kobo, and found that setting the option to Manual Management made a big difference.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 02:12 AM   #5
GMFuller
Connoisseur

Thank you, it was on automatic. I've changed it to manual.
Advert