Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 09-11-2018, 12:38 PM   #16
plusz
Addict
plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: 13.3" Boox Max2, 7" Kobo H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Faust View Post
Hi.
I found flip PU leather case for Max Series on Ereader.store. May be someone already bought it and can share experience?
I bought one from china long time ago. Looks the same, have the BOOX logo It's really nice. It's faux leather but nice. What I like about it is that it keeps the shape, especially the flap, and it's kind of rain proof. However when I fancy to go to the nearby park taking only the device, without taking any bag, I prefer to carry it in the original case. The PU leather case make my hand sweat after a few minutes of walking with it.
plusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 05:50 PM   #17
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
With ADB, I put the 'update.upx' file on '/storage/self/primary/Download/update.upx'. When I select the file, there is the following message :

Quote:
OnyxOtaService
Cannot find upgrade package !
The size of this file is 566.8 MB, like the original file on my computer : 594 303 954 bytes.

For the previous upgrade, I've done the same thing. I don't want use Internet.

What's happen ?

Last edited by Randy11; 09-11-2018 at 06:00 PM.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 06:22 PM   #18
shinynickler
shinynickler knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'shinynickler knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'shinynickler knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'shinynickler knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'shinynickler knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'shinynickler knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'shinynickler knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'shinynickler knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'shinynickler knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'shinynickler knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'shinynickler knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Onyx Boox Note
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy11 View Post
With ADB, I put the 'update.upx' file on '/storage/self/primary/Download/update.upx'. When I select the file, there is the following message :

The size of this file is 566.8 MB, like the original file on my computer : 594 303 954 bytes.

What's happen ?
I've had a similar issue. The upgrade won't be accepted because file signature could not be verified. I resolved by turning auto upgrade on and rebooting device. Then it would accept the OTA upgrade for some reason. If you don't want to use the internet, you can try rebooting to recovery then choose ADB. Copy upgrade file to same directory on computer as the ADB executable, then write "adb sideload upgrade.upx". likely won't work because you need to reboot to bootloader, which can't be done in our devices AFAIK, but worth a try.
shinynickler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 09:35 AM   #19
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy11 View Post

Quote:
OnyxOtaService
Cannot find upgrade package !

What's happen ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinynickler View Post
I've had a similar issue. The upgrade won't be accepted because file signature could not be verified. I resolved by turning auto upgrade on and rebooting device. Then it would accept the OTA upgrade for some reason. If you don't want to use the internet, you can try rebooting to recovery then choose ADB. Copy upgrade file to same directory on computer as the ADB executable, then write "adb sideload upgrade.upx". likely won't work because you need to reboot to bootloader, which can't be done in our devices AFAIK, but worth a try.
I can't test the solution ADB at this moment. So, I've try to use my OTG cable. I can copy any file on the Max2, but I can't copy 'update.upx' even if the name is changed to 'update.pdf' before the copy on the USB key. I've always the message : 'Copy file failed'.

It's like the Max2 keep in memory that the 'update.upx' file exists, even if I remove it

Filesystem dammaged ?
Old 09-12-2018, 04:18 PM   #20
Randy11
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinynickler View Post
No success with "[B]adb sideload update.upx", this give :
Quote:
$ adb sideload update.upx
loading: 'update.upx'
error: closed
But I've retried a "$ adb push update.upx ..." and select "update.upx" on the Max2 WITH the USB cable connected and the debug mode actived : it's working I suppose that the USB connection is view as a 'network' and the OTA is happy with this, has there is nothing on this 'network' it take the local file.

A good news : the screenshot is working even if the editor is not launch to modify the screenshot.

Last edited by Randy11; 09-13-2018 at 03:51 AM. Reason: A "adb push ..." not a "adb sideload" with USB connexion to succeed/
Old 09-13-2018, 05:32 AM   #21
forestfelix
Leaf of Grass
forestfelix began at the beginning.

Device: PW, Note Lite
Do you think the alternative versions of the Note will receive firmware updates in the same frequency as the original Note?
forestfelix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 10:17 AM   #22
citytrader
Connoisseur
citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: BOOX Note
Anyone has the release notes of version 575ba83 ?
citytrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 02:27 AM   #23
sos_sifou
sos_sifou knows the square root of minus one.sos_sifou knows the square root of minus one.sos_sifou knows the square root of minus one.sos_sifou knows the square root of minus one.sos_sifou knows the square root of minus one.sos_sifou knows the square root of minus one.sos_sifou knows the square root of minus one.sos_sifou knows the square root of minus one.sos_sifou knows the square root of minus one.sos_sifou knows the square root of minus one.sos_sifou knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kobo Glo
hello, I have been trying to look for some video footage of the new note plus with the flush screen and I stumbled on this wonderful ad for the boox max 2

enjoy !
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mrzFj1pMUk
sos_sifou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 07:25 AM   #24
forestfelix
Leaf of Grass
forestfelix began at the beginning.

Device: PW, Note Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by forestfelix View Post
Do you think the alternative versions of the Note will receive firmware updates in the same frequency as the original Note?
To answer my own question; it does appear so. The recent firmware is available for Note Lite, but you have to change the language to Chinese in order to update via OTA.
forestfelix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 06:09 PM   #25
Philippe D.
Addict
Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2o; reMarkable; Onyx Max 2 Pro
My Max 2 updated yesterday (I had not used in some time, so perhaps it would have updated earler if I had); I'm still disappointed that, when doing the note-taking thing with split screen, it won't let me put the printed page on the right and the notes on the left (a no-brainer for left-handed users).
Philippe D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 08:03 PM   #26
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philippe D. View Post
My Max 2 updated yesterday (I had not used in some time, so perhaps it would have updated earler if I had); I'm still disappointed that, when doing the note-taking thing with split screen, it won't let me put the printed page on the right and the notes on the left (a no-brainer for left-handed users).
Are you sure about that? Because I can do that on my Note, not that I would particularly want since I am right-handed, but that option is there.

Even though your system has updated, you may have to update your Neoreader and note apps.

After the most recent system update a while back, I noticed that there is now a folder in my Application area called "Apps Update Check". It seems to just be for Onyx apps. I suppose it is a way to roll out small updates independent of system updates. I hadn't noticed that folder before the most recent system update.

Anyways, after the system had updated, low and behold, there was an update for one of the other apps. Can't recall whether it was the Neoreader app or the note taking app, or maybe even for both. It didn't download automatically with the system update. I had to apply it afterwards...

Perhaps you need to do that to get the feature allowing you to put the note taking page on the left when in split screen mode. However, it is definitely available on my Note so I would be very surprised if it were not available on the Max2.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 08:08 PM   #27
cqman
Groupie
cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle DXG, Onyx Boox Max1, Max2, Nova, Hisense A5 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philippe D. View Post
I remember that there is an option to change notes position.
cqman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 08:17 PM   #28
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
See attached images for left handed note taking.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Left Hand Side Note Taking.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	242.7 KB
ID:	166955   Click image for larger version

Name:	Apps Update Check Folder.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	121.9 KB
ID:	166956  
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 11:17 AM   #29
DenisR
Connoisseur
DenisR is the king of the Divan.DenisR is the king of the Divan.DenisR is the king of the Divan.DenisR is the king of the Divan.DenisR is the king of the Divan.DenisR is the king of the Divan.DenisR is the king of the Divan.DenisR is the king of the Divan.DenisR is the king of the Divan.DenisR is the king of the Divan.DenisR is the king of the Divan.

Device: Onyx Boox Max2
Quote:
Originally Posted by citytrader View Post
Anyone has the release notes of version 575ba83 ?
For 2018-09-05_08-12_1.9.1_575ba83, I found some 1.9.1 changelog on Onyx site (but lost the link) :
Code:
Compared to previous version, V1.9.1 has several obvious improvements and highlights:
E-book Reader Feature
Aside from some bug fixes, this version significantly improves the book loading time by 30% to 50% for different book formats. Reading on large screen is always pleasant thing to do. We therefore aim to provide you with seamless reading experience on all BOOX devices.
Digital notepad (electronic notepad or Eink notepad)
Users now can import PDF templates to our Note App on top of jpg format. Please do not import large PDF template as it may impact the speed of saving, exporting and notes syncing. In this new firmware version, we also add Connell and McKinsey note templates. Unlike other rival products of BOOX, users have no limitation to the templates and can choose the templates they love.
Set screen-lock password
Users can set screen-locker password to protect their privacy: we always keep this in mind as we respect the privacy of our users very much. Finally, we introduce this function in V1.9.1. But please read the instruction careful before you set up your passwords.
BOOX E Ink App store
Due to the limitation of E Ink screens, the Android Apps in the markets do not perform very well on our E Ink tablets. In order to provide better user experience to our users, BOOX introduces the EInk App store, which gathers the most frequently used Apps for our EInk Android Tablets. Now users can download the Apps directly from the store. The App store will include more and more Apps  as time goes by.
To have a thorough understanding of the full contents of the firmware V1.9.1, please refer to the following changelog:
Warning: Please remember your password. If you forget your password, you will need to reset the system to unlock it, all user data will be cleared.
Neo Reader 2.0:
• Optimize the loading speed of books and documents. (Speed increases by 30% to 50% from different formats.)
• Fix a bug that the NeoReader would report error when storage is full.
• Fix a bug that the page number does not display correctly when users delete some pages of Sidenote.
• Fix bug of the pages zoom in/out abnormally when users press the button on the stylus and slide the stylus on screen.
• Fix bug of handwriting is not resumed after being switched from erasing bit by bit to erasing full screen during making handwritten notes within books.
• Fixed bug of shapes and handwritten notes shift location when single page PNG is exported from TOC notes.
• Fixed bug of TTS cannot turn to next page when the current page ends with question mark.
• Fix bug of dictionary cannot recognize some symbols when the symbols are selected together with words.
• Fix bug of “Setting / Screen/ Show hyperlink” option does not work.
• Add the contrast global settings option to all newly opened documents ;
Note App
• Add feature of PDF templates can be imported. PDF templates display first page by default. Users can add and delete pages by “+, - “. (the size of PDF template would have impact on speed of saving, exporting and sync notes.)
• Add Connell and McKinsey notes templates
• Add the option of whether the notes are automatically saved as PDF. By default, notes are saved as PDF format.
• Fix bug of same names are accepted when users rename the notes.
• Fix bug of thumbnail views of notes covers display disproportionally.
• Fix bug of exporting as PDF is slow when notes content is a lot.
System
• Add screen-lock by password feature (Please keep your password on your own. If you forget it, you can't get it back and need to reset the system to unlock it, all user data will be cleared.);
• Add E Ink App Market (only for relevant APPs download)
• Add feature of PC can only read documents from the device when it is unlocked. (After PC has access to the documents of the device, PC still can do so even if the device is locked again)
• Add “finger touch disabled” function to the statue bar. When finger touch is disabled, touch on third-party App in full screen mode will not work. Users need to exit the App and enable finger touch again or cancel full screen mode of third-party mode.
• Fix bug of finger touch once a while may jump points or malfunction.
• Optimizing power consumption after WiFi connected but without data transmission.
DenisR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 01:11 PM   #30
Philippe D.
Addict
Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2o; reMarkable; Onyx Max 2 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Question Mark View Post
See attached images for left handed note taking.
Indeed, and it works great! The setting is even remembered when one changes documents!

Thanks to all who corrected me (and thanks a lot to the Onyx developpers who implemented this life-changing modification!)
Philippe D. is offline   Reply With Quote