Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 01-01-2022, 06:16 PM   #1
blueGreenbunny
blueGreenbunny began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Unhappy PDF Conversion Error

I have a PDF that looks good when I watch it with a normal PDF software.

This is what it looks like when I watch it with a typical PDF software>
Page 5

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book. It has survived not only five centuries, but also the leap into electronic typesetting, remaining essentially unchanged. It was popularised in the 1960s with the release of Letraset sheets containing Lorem Ipsum passages, and more recently with desktop publishing software like Aldus PageMaker including versions of Lorem Ipsum.

Thsi looks like this when I watch it on Calibre viewer>
Page 5
Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been

the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a

galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book. It has survived not only five

centuries, but also the leap into electronic typesetting, remaining essentially unchanged. It was

popularised in the 1960s with the release of Letraset sheets containing Lorem

Ipsum passages, and more recently with desktop publishing software like Aldus PageMaker including versions of Lorem Ipsum.

This causes the conversion to not work properly
blueGreenbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2022, 06:48 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=118605
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2022, 08:31 PM   #3
blueGreenbunny
blueGreenbunny began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
I tried to open at line unwrap .15 and .85 and they got the same results. What do you propose?
blueGreenbunny is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, conversion, pdf