Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Server

Notices

Old 09-29-2020, 04:17 PM   #1
nightmoves42
nightmoves42 began at the beginning.

Device: iOS/Browser
Can’t turn book pages

I just upgraded my server from 4 to 5 the other day. Now I can’t turn any of my book pages. They all get stuck at chapter 1 and won’t go any farther. How do I downgrade my server?
nightmoves42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 04:48 PM   #2
firat
firat began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone, iPad, Kindle
I have exact same issue.
I can browse and open a book, but I cannot turn the page after first couple pages.
firat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 08:01 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
First of all: 'More Input' (Johnny 5)
Are we talking about reading a book via your Browser?
What Browser?
What OS?

What happens if you tap the spacebar?
Do the arrow heads show when you hover near the edge?
Can you go back pages.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 08:37 PM   #4
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightmoves42 View Post
I just upgraded my server from 4 to 5 the other day. Now I can’t turn any of my book pages. They all get stuck at chapter 1 and won’t go any farther. How do I downgrade my server?
Uninstall calibre 5, install calibre 4.23. This should leave your libraries and setup intact.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 10:28 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Turning pages works fine for me, I will need a book demonstrating the problem.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 04:27 PM   #6
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
There was a recent discussion of using negative margins to get more use of screen real estate on Kindles. When trying that I modified a public domain EPUB to use negative margins and found that in the calibre viewer it does not let me switch pages when an HTML file boundary is reached.

Also, if I jump ahead using the scroll bar and then page backward to a chapter boundary I receive the following error:

Quote:
calibre, version 5.2.0
ERROR: Unhandled error: Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'cols_left' of null
Error at userscript:viewer.js:21946:41

Traceback (most recent call last):
at ScrollResizeBugWatcher.check_for_resize_bug (userscript:viewer.js:21724:29)
at ScrollResizeBugWatcher.redo_scroll (userscript:viewer.js:21739:22)
at ScrollResizeBugWatcher.scroll_to_previous_position [as last_command] (userscript:viewer.js:21946:41)
TypeError: Cannot read property 'cols_left' of null
This is calibre 5.2.0 64-bit under Windows 10.

This might be a different problem from the OP. If so I apologize for derailing.
Attached Files
File Type: epub Shelley-Frankenstein-en-negative-margin.epub (322.7 KB, 195 views)
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 09:54 PM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
@jhowell: This should take care of it: https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...6a986ffa8d437a
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 03:48 AM   #8
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
@jhowell: This should take care of it: https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...6a986ffa8d437a
That fixed it. Thanks!
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
server, stuck