Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-23-2011, 12:47 AM   #46
usuario74
usuario74 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3rd gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbit_ View Post
Hi all, FYI - this is a reply from Kindle support about updating firmware 3.0.2 553210206 to 3.0.3 version:
Hard to believe we have all the latest features and performance enhancements included in 3.0.3. People who updated to 3.0.3 were reporting they could finally log on m.gmail.com in the browser.At least m.gmail.com still wont let me type username and/or password.
Can anybody with 3.0.2 (553210206) confirm if they can or can't log on m.gmail.com?
Can Leggoman with 3.0.3 log on m.gmail.com? Just see if it lets you type anything in the user or password fields.

Thanks.
usuario74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 10:12 PM   #47
mahtin
google this
mahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: kobo h2o2, bookeen muse frontlight, resurrected. Fire HD8.
First post here, just to say thanks for this thread, which has lowered my blood pressure considerably.
Good to know the reason, bad that Amazon has not included it on the download pages.
mahtin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-27-2011, 10:31 AM   #48
temper357
temper357 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3 wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by usuario74 View Post
Hard to believe we have all the latest features and performance enhancements included in 3.0.3. People who updated to 3.0.3 were reporting they could finally log on m.gmail.com in the browser.At least m.gmail.com still wont let me type username and/or password.
Can anybody with 3.0.2 (553210206) confirm if they can or can't log on m.gmail.com?
Can Leggoman with 3.0.3 log on m.gmail.com? Just see if it lets you type anything in the user or password fields.

Thanks.
I also have my kindle with 3.0.2 (553210206) and can't type in the user or password fields on m.gmail.com
temper357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 08:23 PM   #49
droflerf
droflerf began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
I have just tried it and it worked fine for me 3.0.3 (536720111)
droflerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 12:25 AM   #50
alexh
alexh began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by temper357 View Post
I also have my kindle with 3.0.2 (553210206) and can't type in the user or password fields on m.gmail.com
I think you could sign in google account in www.google.com with checking the stay in signed in option to bypassing the user and password input when log in m.google.com
alexh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-31-2011, 03:32 PM   #51
coachwhip
coachwhip began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Well just got my kindle. Very pleased with it until I came up against this problem.

I've just rung Amazon and they have told me that the 3.0.3 update is not working so that is why my kindle won't update and removes the update file. I gave them a telling off for not updating the website.
Having found this thread I now suspect (as I did before) that they are talking out of their backsides and that their aftersales service might well leave a lot to be desired.

I like the machine but am disappointed that their communication is so poor with their customers.
If these are what their updates will be like then it will definitely be having the hacks done to it.

Mike
coachwhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 05:13 PM   #52
r--t*nix
r--t*nix doesn't litterr--t*nix doesn't litter

Quote:

Thanks.
i have 3.0.3 and m.gmail.com works fine for me. but it doesn't actually go to the mobile version of gmail when i login.

you could try mail.google.com/mail/x/
this will bring you to their mobile version of gmail
r--t*nix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 09:04 PM   #53
billmilo
Connoisseur
billmilo has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
I'm having the same "problem". I just purchased my K3
billmilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 02:48 PM   #54
btwinguitarists
btwinguitarists began at the beginning.

There is also something wrong with the wifi connection to some routers. I've been in contact with Amazon and they are currently working on a solution. I have two "new" kindles (jan 2011) and a friend's older kindle 3 from last year. My friend's kindle updated from 3.0.2 to 3.0.3 perfectly. The two new kindles do not update from 3.0.2. The amazon rep stated that technically they have all the new "features" as the 3.0.3 update and that it doesn't work because there is nothing to update. However, the original issue being connectivity to some routers varies between devices. The two new kindles will not connect to my wifi at work (they connect fine at home), but my friends kindle with 3.0.3 connects fine at home and at work. I've spent hours troubleshooting, can't seem to find any significant answer as to why this is occurring. Even more troublesome, the two new devices were once connected to this wifi. Our tech guy has reset the router, checked all settings, and Amazon has reset the two new kindles several times. Nada. The older kindle still works perfectly on the wifi and the two new ones do not. Interesting huh? I'm waiting on a call from Amazon for a solution. Just adding to the discussion here.
btwinguitarists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 09:22 PM   #55
Bic
Connoisseur
Bic knows what time it isBic knows what time it isBic knows what time it isBic knows what time it isBic knows what time it isBic knows what time it isBic knows what time it isBic knows what time it isBic knows what time it isBic knows what time it isBic knows what time it is

Device: Kindle or Sony
Quote:

Thanks.
I've logged into Gmail.com with 3.0.2 (553210206) without any problem but not m.gmail.com. The latter does not allow me to type anything in the user or pw fields.
Bic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 11:00 PM   #56
tokind
tokind began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 3g
i have the 553210206 version as well (in Canada)... no 3.0.3

however, for those who can't get into m.gmail.com... you can log into regular gmail, then surf to m.gmail.com and you should automatically be logged in (check the box when entering the regular gmail, iirc)...

hope that helps!

... and still waiting for 3.0.3 (i have read that page turns seem to be faster... nothing wrong with that.. )
tokind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 03:46 PM   #57
tokind

...argh... i am currently away from a wifi network and this is my first time trying to access gmail through my 3g connection... can someone please confirm that this is possible?

regardless of what form of gmail i am trying to log in to (m.gmail or gmail) i keep getting the message 'Your Kindle is unable to load the requested page'

when i tried it last i was running of my wifi network at home...

thanks!
Old 02-04-2011, 04:01 PM   #58
tokind

nevermind!... i think i figured it out... it seems that if you have been looking at image heavy sites it gobbles up your memory... when you use up all your memory you need to clear it (i haven't tried clear cache, but rebooting works).... et voila!

if someone else can confirm that this is correct that would be greatly appreciated!
Old 02-04-2011, 08:35 PM   #59
Tiersten
Guru
Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle 3G+WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by btwinguitarists View Post
There is also something wrong with the wifi connection to some routers.
I've not actually looked closely at what specifically they've changed but each firmware update for the K3 has updated the WiFi and associated hardware drivers. If you're having issues with a non 3.0.3 Kindle but it works fine with 3.0.3 Kindle and you've got exactly the same setup/model on both then I wouldn't be surprised if it was something that Amazon have fixed.
Tiersten is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
3.0.3, grayed, greyed, kindle, update