Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 11-25-2020, 04:19 AM   #1171
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I've tested this and it fails with ePub because of a fix in 6.8.0 for Calibre 4.x. When the fix is backed off, then it works for ePub. Revert that fix and it seems to be working with ePub.
How odd. It worked fine for me with ePub, but failed miserably on Kindle for Mac (it claimed to get the key, but it seems it didn't). Perhaps if I'd left in the key previously retrieved by 6.8.0 it would have worked.

Clearly more work to be done. Only for the brave and adventurous. I think I'll stick with calibre 4.23 and DeDRM 6.8.0 for now.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 05:09 AM   #1172
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 4, iPhone SE 2020, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Pretty simple to edit that one line, repack the .zip file and Bob's your uncle. Personally, I feel that any Python 2 compatibility should be dumped. calibre 4.23 gets 6.80 and that's all ys wrote.
I agree. 6.8.0 works well with 4.23. 7.0 (or whatever the version will be) should be for Calibre 5.x.

Last edited by JSWolf; 11-25-2020 at 05:12 AM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 05:13 AM   #1173
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
Which line and how?
Can't say here. You'll have to visit Alf.
Old 11-25-2020, 05:14 AM   #1174
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
How odd. It worked fine for me with ePub, but failed miserably on Kindle for Mac (it claimed to get the key, but it seems it didn't). Perhaps if I'd left in the key previously retrieved by 6.8.0 it would have worked.

Clearly more work to be done. Only for the brave and adventurous. I think I'll stick with calibre 4.23 and DeDRM 6.8.0 for now.
I saved the keys from 6.8.0 and loaded them into the beta. It worked.
Old 11-25-2020, 08:11 AM   #1175
Gibbo
Guru
Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab A (2019) - Galaxy S8+ - KA1 - Onyx Boox Nova Pro
beta v7.0.0b2 is out and it just reverts a change that broke ADE ePub decryption.
Gibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 08:13 AM   #1176
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've just tried it on my Mac. It still doesn't work for Kindle books, even if I retain the key generated by 6.8.0.
Old 11-25-2020, 10:42 AM   #1177
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
I've just tried it on my Mac. It still doesn't work for Kindle books, even if I retain the key generated by 6.8.0.
I tried it on my mac as well. It blew up when I tried to customize the plug in saying it could load the crypto module.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 12:03 PM   #1178
MSWallack
Right, Except When Wrong
MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3 (sometimes iPad Mini).
Quote:
That a bit outside what we should be discussing on MobileRead. I've sent a PM.
Could you send me that info via PM as well? Thanks.
MSWallack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 12:06 PM   #1179
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSWallack View Post
Could you send me that info via PM as well? Thanks.
As Gibbo states above it has already been corrected in v7.0.0b2.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 11-25-2020 at 12:10 PM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 12:08 PM   #1180
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

7.0 beta 1 works on Windows when the fix that was discussed above is applied and I load all my keys from 6.8.0.
Old 11-25-2020, 04:17 PM   #1181
jhowell
Wizard
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, Fire, iPad Air 2, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
I tried it on my mac as well. It blew up when I tried to customize the plug in saying it could load the crypto module.
There is a crypto fix for MacOS coming in the next release of calibre (5.6?) that may relate to this. I suggest that you try this again after that is released.

Last edited by jhowell; 11-26-2020 at 06:06 AM. Reason: typo
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 11:48 PM   #1182
Rev. Bob
Wizard
Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, iPad mini 3, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Pretty simple to edit that one line, repack the .zip file and Bob's your uncle.
Not possible; I have no siblings.

Rev. Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 12:04 AM   #1183
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Clara HD, Nexus 7 HD, iPad Pro, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Bob View Post

BTW, when are you going to update to your 2020 reading challenge?
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 02:45 AM   #1184
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Pretty simple to edit that one line, repack the .zip file and Bob's your uncle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Bob View Post

But are you married? If so, does your spouse have any siblings? Or are you close friends with any couples with children? There's more than one way of being an uncle!
Old 11-27-2020, 09:13 AM   #1185
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
There is a crypto fix for MacOS coming in the next release of calibre (5.6?) that may relate to this. I suggest that you try this again after that is released.
That got it. Works like a champ now. Thanks.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote