Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-26-2016, 09:38 AM   #1
kinkle
Connoisseur
kinkle began at the beginning.

Device: kindle3 3g and KT 3G
All my documents from "My Items" list on Kindle Touch disappeared

Hi
I have a problem that I do not understand.

I put events in their order below:
1. Two days ago I connected my Kindle touch to my computer via USB. I did not do anything but I looked in the Documents folder. I pulled Kindel using normal removal option.
2. Kindle made an update meantime.
3. After about 2 hours I wanted to read something from the list of documents on Kindle. The surprise was awful! There was nothing there! (My Items = 0) When I wanted to get on the net there is nothing from browser history.
4. I connected back to PC and all files in the Documents folder Was there!
5. I gave restart often. Nothing!
6. I copy some files from my computer .txt and .pdf in Documents folder. But again I do not see any of this on Kindle.
7. I bought a book from free on Amazon. The book appeared in the list !!!! Why?!...
8. I connected Kindle to PC and I can see the new book from Amazon in the Documents folder.
9. After removing the PC kindle not see anything in "My items" again !!
10.I tried unregistered it and reregistered again. I received a message something like this "Your Kindle is no longer a test kindle... bla-bla "

I did not have many books and documents but ...
I had KUAL and Midori in My items and were very helpful to me. I struggled a lot of time to install them (2-3 days) by following the instructions in the forum.
Any other kind of document that I try now to load on kindle via USB can not see also in "my items" list on Kindle.
However all files still exist in Kindle as I can see! Verry strange to me...

Any idea how I can recover the loss? How to have again all My Items on Home Page that I can use its ?

Sorry for my english please.
Thank you!

Last edited by kinkle; 02-26-2016 at 03:02 PM.
kinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 01:01 PM   #2
Murphy2712
Murphy2712 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW2/3
Hi, my PW2 just updated today and I had a similar issue.
When I click on the "ALL" button, all books are not there.
However when clicking on "DOWNLOADED", they appear!
I hope you have the same button on your Touch?
Murphy2712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-26-2016, 01:16 PM   #3
kinkle
Connoisseur

Murphy2712, I not see any Downloaded button. Under "My Items" I have just : All Items, Books, Periodicals, Audible, Docs and Active Contents. The options are inactive... All Items(0)

Last edited by kinkle; 02-27-2016 at 09:23 AM.
Old 02-26-2016, 02:05 PM   #4
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkle View Post
I not see any Downloaded button.
Under "My Items" I have just : All Items, Books, Periodicals, Audible, Docs and Active Contents. The options are inactive... All Items(0)
Can you please take a screenshot or a picture of your screen, and post it here so that we can see what you are seeing?

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 02:40 PM   #5
kinkle
Connoisseur

Last edited by kinkle; 02-26-2016 at 02:42 PM.
Advert
Old 02-26-2016, 02:55 PM   #6
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Is your kindle still registered?
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 02:56 PM   #7
kinkle
Connoisseur

Yes It is.
Old 02-26-2016, 03:02 PM   #8
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hmmm.
Have you tried deregistering and re-registering?
Old 02-26-2016, 03:03 PM   #9
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Can you tap Cloud and give us a screenshot from there?
Old 02-26-2016, 03:15 PM   #10
kinkle
Connoisseur

Cinisajoy, Yes as I say in the first post, I deregister and re-register it.
And Yes. In the cloud I have User's Guide, Dictionaries, and a book from Amazon. But where are all my 200 items from the device?

Last edited by kinkle; 02-26-2016 at 03:17 PM.
Old 02-26-2016, 04:05 PM   #11
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Did you load from the cloud or sideload?

Did you do a factory reset?

If you sideloaded everything, you may need to reload them.
Old 02-26-2016, 04:07 PM   #12
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

If your kindle is jail broke do not do a factory reset.
Old 02-26-2016, 05:17 PM   #13
kinkle
Connoisseur

As I say,, I can transfer files on the Kindle from my PC but nothing appears in the page "Home". No matter what kind of file.
Jailbreak? Possible! I installed KUAL and Midori browser. I do not know exactly how but I followed the instructions found on the forum. All worked perfectly for 2 years until now. And I do not do a factory reset.

Last edited by kinkle; 02-26-2016 at 05:19 PM.
Old 02-26-2016, 06:53 PM   #14
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkle View Post
As I say,, I can transfer files on the Kindle from my PC but nothing appears in the page "Home". No matter what kind of file.
Jailbreak? Possible! I installed KUAL and Midori browser. I do not know exactly how but I followed the instructions found on the forum. All worked perfectly for 2 years until now. And I do not do a factory reset.
But you did do a de-register and a register.
Both of which usually effect MKK -
In the most recent jb, MKK should also be 'bridged' but when you see the: "Your Kindle is no longer a ..." if means MKK got broke and you need to re-install it (or use the 'hotfix').

It sounds like you are using cloud collections, mixed with local collections.
A combination of which our collection add-ins have not supported for ages.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 07:46 PM   #15
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
What happens when you download a book from the Cloud *from the device*?

Is it readable? Does it persist a USB plug/unplug and/or a restart of the device?
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote