Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-20-2013, 06:41 AM   #1
anakod
Enthusiast
anakod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anakod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anakod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anakod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anakod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anakod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anakod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anakod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anakod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anakod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anakod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite
Arrow KindleExplorer - file manager program with friendly GUI

Hi all. I developed a small and friendly file manager for Kindle PaperWhite (it should also work on Touch).

The KindleExplorer is integrated with the editor LeafPad, and the terminal Kterm.

Last version can be downloaded from project home: http://kindle-explorer.googlecode.com

To get started, you need to install Unified Application Launcher and unpack the archive to "extensions" folder.

I would be happy to hear your feedback.

Last edited by anakod; 02-27-2013 at 01:03 PM.
anakod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:58 AM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by anakod View Post
Hi all. I developed a small and friendly file manager for Kindle PaperWhite (I expect that should work for Touch, but this isn't tested).

The KindleExplorer is integrated with the editor LeafPad, and the terminal Kterm.

To get started, you need to install Unified Application Launcher and unpack the archive to "extensions" folder.

I would be happy to hear your feedback.
An archive or link to the public repository of the sources please.
Also, a statement of what license you are releasing this under.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2013, 09:17 AM   #3
anakod
Enthusiast
anakod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anakod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anakod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anakod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anakod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anakod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anakod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anakod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anakod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anakod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anakod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for the reply. License is freeware. I'm thinking about opening the code.
In my code I'm using tinydir and two methods from Leafpad (keyboard open & close).
Old 02-20-2013, 09:44 AM   #4
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
An archive or link to the public repository of the sources please.
Also, a statement of what license you are releasing this under.
I dug around inside. appears to use the .glade loader stuff.

source would be nice...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MainWindow.png
Views:	907
Size:	13.2 KB
ID:	101604   Click image for larger version

Name:	ViewImage.png
Views:	892
Size:	11.6 KB
ID:	101605   Click image for larger version

Name:	ViewText.png
Views:	851
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	101606   Click image for larger version

Name:	libs-peek.png
Views:	844
Size:	100.5 KB
ID:	101607  
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:56 AM   #5
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

If you chuck out the source I will build this for all devices. thanks
Advert
Old 02-20-2013, 09:56 AM   #6
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Thanks for the reply. License is freeware. I'm thinking about opening the code.
In my code I'm using tinydir and two methods from Leafpad (keyboard open & close).
tinydir uses the MIT license (see link you provided, file: COPYING).
leafpad is GPL-v2, so as long as you are using leafpad code in your sources, yours is GPL-v2 also.

If you write your own replacement for those two parts of leafpad, then you could licensed it under the MIT license.

But you **can not** use GPL-v2 code without providing the source or re-license it as "freeware".

This site has firm guidelines about posting/using copyrighted materials in conflict with their license.

Last edited by knc1; 02-20-2013 at 10:16 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:43 AM   #7
anakod
Enthusiast

Wink

Okay, but I don't know how I could rewrite this. This is very simple

PHP Code:
      switch(fork())
      {
        case 
0:
          {

execlp("/bin/sh""sh""-c""/usr/bin/lipc-set-prop -s com.lab126.keyboard open net.fabiszewski.leafpad:Abc:1"NULL);
          }
        case -
1:

perror("Failed to open keyboard\n");
          exit(
1);
      }

switch(
fork())
      {
        case 
0:
          {

execlp("/bin/sh""sh""-c""/usr/bin/lipc-set-prop -s com.lab126.keyboard close net.fabiszewski.leafpad"NULL);
          }
        case -
1:

exit(
1);
      } 
It's all under GPL.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:48 AM   #8
anakod
Enthusiast

Quote:
If you chuck out the source I will build this for all devices.
This is interesting. What specific devices?
Old 02-20-2013, 10:54 AM   #9
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:

PHP Code:
      switch(fork())
      {
        case 
0:
          {

execlp("/bin/sh""sh""-c""/usr/bin/lipc-set-prop -s com.lab126.keyboard open net.fabiszewski.leafpad:Abc:1"NULL);
          }
        case -
1:

exit(
1);
      }

switch(
fork())
      {
        case 
0:
          {

execlp("/bin/sh""sh""-c""/usr/bin/lipc-set-prop -s com.lab126.keyboard close net.fabiszewski.leafpad"NULL);
          }
        case -
1:

exit(
1);
      } 
It's all under GPL.
Write down the shell commands you need, and possibly modify them. Remember the overall logic required, then delete the original code, and, from memory, write your own which essentially achieves the same result, but without being a verbatim copy (you did remember what you have to do, didn't you?)

Or, ask the original author for permission to re-use the code snippet under a different license.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:57 AM   #10
twobob

Quote:
This is interesting. What specific devices?
DX, k2, k3, k4, k5, PW (all revisions....)

Those ones ;D
Old 02-20-2013, 11:00 AM   #11
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:

PHP Code:
      switch(fork())
      {
        case 
0:
          {

}
        case -
1:

exit(
1);
      }

switch(
fork())
      {
        case 
0:
          {

}
        case -
1:

exit(
1);
      } 
It's all under GPL.
These commands use CLI interafce to /usr/lib/liblipc.so. You can reverse engineer this library and link to it with using appropriate functions directly.
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:03 AM   #12
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
[ Gives Good advice ] ...
Or, ask the original author for permission to re-use the code snippet under a different license.
Yeah. the second one is least resistance.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:12 AM   #13
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka View Post
These commands use CLI interafce to /usr/lib/liblipc.so. You can reverse engineer this library and link to it with using appropriate functions directly.
Now, THAT is great info
Old 02-20-2013, 11:14 AM   #14
anakod
Enthusiast

I found that i needed. I will write this code today or tomorrow.

Quote:
DX, k2, k3, k4, k5, PW (all revisions....)

Those ones ;D
What about other manufacturers, or is it too much? :-D
Old 02-20-2013, 11:19 AM   #15
twobob

Quote:
What about other manufacturers, or is it too much? :-D
err.. such as?

This is KINDLE developers corner

Quote:
I found that i needed. I will write this code today or tomorrow.
hmm... that's a rather device specific bit of code...

I'll wait until I see your source before I get excited then