Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 11-17-2017, 02:46 AM   #1606
PetrusV
PetrusV began at the beginning.

Device: iphone, ipad, android phone, android tablet, pc, kindle
Hi Everyone,

What a awesome forum for people who love ebooks!!!! I am loving everything here!!

I also have a problem:
I have installed COPS and am super happy.

On the index page there are categories
Authors
Series
Publishers
Tags
Ratings
Languages
All Books
Recent Additions

I am trying to add my own Category with all books that match a certain tag. So that mine will show in the main index page.

Example:
Authors
Series
Publishers
Tags
Test
Ratings
Languages

Any idea how I must do this? I have tried the 'custom columns' like this but it does not work:
$config['cops_calibre_custom_column'] = array ("test", "test");
$config['cops_calibre_custom_column_list'] = array ("test", "test");

This is really frustrating. Can anyone please pretty please help??
PetrusV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 09:19 AM   #1607
mariosipad
Guru
mariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watch

Device: iPad & iPhone with Marvin 2 + 3 & Kobo Glo HD
@PetrusV

How did you define the custom column in Calibre?

And you are aware that ‘column built from other columns’ (called composite columns)* do not work in COPS?

* Source "composite column: https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/template_lang.html

More "simple" custom columns do work in cops.
$config['cops_calibre_custom_column'] = array ("test");
$config['cops_calibre_custom_column_list'] = array ("test");

Don't forget to reload cops (F5?) in your browser. (and test in calibre first)
mariosipad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2017, 06:30 AM   #1608
PetrusV

In answer to your question
How did you define the custom column in Calibre?
I actually tried to call a tag as column

RE Composite column
So, if I want a custom column I have to first add it to Calibre, I cannot simply try to call a 'tag' that is already defined in Calibre?

Last edited by PetrusV; 11-22-2017 at 06:38 AM.
Old 11-24-2017, 09:59 AM   #1609
mariosipad
Guru
mariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrusV View Post
In answer to your question

RE Composite column
So, if I want a custom column I have to first add it to Calibre, I cannot simply try to call a 'tag' that is already defined in Calibre?
Yes, first add a custom column to calibre.

If it's NOT a composite custom column (i.e. a ‘column built from other columns’) it will work in COPS.

Source: https://github.com/seblucas/cops/pull/269
Old 12-01-2017, 12:50 AM   #1610
PetrusV

The following worked flawlessly after I added the column 'test' in calibre. Also note its case sensitive. It will not work if you add 'Test' column in calibre and then use 'test' on the config:
$config['cops_calibre_custom_column'] = array ("test");

If you have more than one custom column then add them like this:
$config['cops_calibre_custom_column'] = array ("test1", "test2", "test3");

Last edited by PetrusV; 12-04-2017 at 02:25 AM.
Advert
Old 01-30-2018, 03:37 PM   #1611
ssholloway
Connoisseur
ssholloway has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ssholloway has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ssholloway has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iPhone6, iPadMiniRetina, KindlePW3, KoboGloHD
Quote:
Originally Posted by iostrym View Post
hi all, concerning my blank page problem, I resolved it by installing apache 2.2 server on DSM 6.1 and then select it instead of NGINX in web station of my Synology...
Was it documented that NGINX has problem with COPS ?

=> It is working with a database stored inside cops directory.

I'm going to try with a database in my shared folder...
Thank you iostrym for the suggestion of using Apache instead of NGINX to fix the blank page problem. I'm using Apache 2.4 as suggested by mariosipad. Here's my full configuration in case that helps someone else: Apache 2.4.29-0011, PHP 7.0.24-0024 and WebStation 2.0.1-0111 on a DS218j running DSM 6.1.4-15217 Update 5 with my Calibre library as a shared folder under volume1. I don't know the version of NGINX.
ssholloway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 02:07 AM   #1612
LuCouto
LuCouto can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.LuCouto can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.LuCouto can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.LuCouto can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.LuCouto can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.LuCouto can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.LuCouto can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.LuCouto can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.LuCouto can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.LuCouto can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.LuCouto can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kindle and iPad Mini 4
Good news for those using a Western Digital NAS. Tfl has developed a COPS application package that can be installed manually! It's working great with my PR2100. Thanks again Tfl!

Available here (with instructions): Install COPS on WD NAS
LuCouto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 10:19 PM   #1613
rickhan
Enthusiast
rickhan began at the beginning.

Device: PC
COPS config problem on Windows Server 2016/ IIS

Had it working, then rebuilt my Windows 2016 server. Latest builds of PHP suck - missing stuff.
I added lines in php.ini to enable SQLite, didn't help. Not sure how to fix it.

COPS Configuration Check
Check if PHP version is correct
OK (7.2.2)
Check if GD is properly installed and loaded
OK
Check if Sqlite is properly installed and loaded
Please install the php5-sqlite extension and make sure it's enabled
Check if libxml is properly installed and loaded
OK
Check if Json is properly installed and loaded
OK
Check if mbstring is properly installed and loaded
OK
Check if intl is properly installed and loaded
Please install the php5-intl extension and make sure it's enabled
Check if Normalizer class is properly installed and loaded
Please make sure intl is enabled in your php.ini
Check if the rendering will be done on client side or server side
Client side rendering
Check if Calibre database path is not an URL
OK
Check if Calibre database file exists and is readable
OK
Check if Calibre database file can be opened with PHP
If the file is readable, check your php configuration. Exception detail : PDOException: could not find driver in C:\Program Files\Windows Server\Bin\WebApps\Site\COPS\checkconfig.php:203 Stack trace: #0 C:\Program Files\Windows Server\Bin\WebApps\Site\COPS\checkconfig.php(203): PDO->__construct('sqlite:/Serve...') #1 {main}
Check if Calibre database file contains at least some of the needed tables
If the file is readable, check your php configuration. Exception detail : PDOException: could not find driver in C:\Program Files\Windows Server\Bin\WebApps\Site\COPS\checkconfig.php:216 Stack trace: #0 C:\Program Files\Windows Server\Bin\WebApps\Site\COPS\checkconfig.php(216): PDO->__construct('sqlite:/Serve...') #1 {main}
rickhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 10:26 PM   #1614
rickhan
Enthusiast
rickhan began at the beginning.

Device: PC
new syntax in php.ini
extension=pdo_sqlite

fixed it. At least feed.php works.
index.php shows a blank page
rickhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 09:46 AM   #1615
mariosipad
Guru

If checkconfig.php has no errors and you still have a blank screen then there is probably a (very small) error in config_local.php. Usually a forgotten ";" or a misplaced ",", etc.

Reducing config_local.php to the bare minimum sometimes helps.
Then add all those lines you find necessary line by line.
If the error is in config_local.php you will find where the error is eventually.

Or post your config_local.php here.
Old 02-15-2018, 04:06 AM   #1616
brambil
brambil began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Post Conversion tool?

Hi to all.
I'm using COPS from some months, firstly on a local server, recently I migrated it to my router (from my experience I wrote this).

From Christmas I also have a Kindle Paperwhite, but my library (~2000 ebook) has a lot of ePUB so I need to convert them using Calibre, witch is a bit annoying because it means I have to use a PC. I'm thinking about integrate a conversion tool in COPS.

Before reinvent the hot water, anyone already made something similar? I saw on internet there many PHP script and classes that accept AZW3,AZW or MOBI as output format so I think is possible with little coding add this feature.
Maybe seblucas or someone else is already working on something like this?

I don't want use Amazon service, I have to test a little bit about performance, but preferably I would use my local resources and avoid cloud/external.
Have a nice day.
brambil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 09:46 AM   #1617
mariosipad
Guru

@brambil

I think that Calibre is the way to go here.

On https://github.com/seblucas/cops @seblucas states:
Quote:
I only have one limit (I may have more but that one is the worse) : COPS' goal is to provide an alternative to Calibre's content server and not to replace Calibre entirely. So I will refuse any PR making changes to the database content.
I think that converting epub to mobi will change the database.

But maybe someone will fork cops and add this capability.

Until that time I will use Calibre for this.
Old 02-15-2018, 11:06 AM   #1618
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by brambil View Post
Hi to all.
I'm using COPS from some months, firstly on a local server, recently I migrated it to my router (from my experience I wrote this).

From Christmas I also have a Kindle Paperwhite, but my library (~2000 ebook) has a lot of ePUB so I need to convert them using Calibre, witch is a bit annoying because it means I have to use a PC. I'm thinking about integrate a conversion tool in COPS.

Before reinvent the hot water, anyone already made something similar? I saw on internet there many PHP script and classes that accept AZW3,AZW or MOBI as output format so I think is possible with little coding add this feature.
Maybe seblucas or someone else is already working on something like this?

I don't want use Amazon service, I have to test a little bit about performance, but preferably I would use my local resources and avoid cloud/external.
Have a nice day.
I highly doubt the router's CPU (unless you've got some x86-based homebrew router) will handle epub to azw3/azw/mobi conversions quickly. Easier to just do a batch conversion job for all 2000 books on Calibre and then copy the Kindle-compatible formats and new metadata.db to the router's storage.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 12:38 PM   #1619
brambil
brambil began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Thanks.
brambil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 01:37 AM   #1620
annakieu541
annakieu541 began at the beginning.

Device: none
ome book have an epub button that, however, always point to a "download" directory
that is not present. Is it there for future extension or did I misconfigured something?
annakieu541 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre opds, dns, kobo aura, synology