Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 02-19-2018, 10:39 AM   #1
fbrzvnrnd
Fanatic
fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ONYX M96
Pen & M96

Hi,

I just bought the "big" pen for M96. I have some question if anyone knows a answer:

- writing, the pen "stains" more than the stylus. When I "take off" the tip from the screen, the pen still writes a little, even if there is no more contact.
- I have not found a way to use the top of the pen as rubber. I have to select "rubber" icon
- I have not found a way to give to the pen "pressure"
- I do not understand the use of the button in the middle of the pen

Thank you for the answers

Fabrizio
fbrzvnrnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 01:49 PM   #2
Jmirko
Recovered collector
Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: see signature
Hi,

I have not researched this, but here is my experience:
- "Stains": I have not experienced this with the big pen
- Rubber, pressure-sensitivity, middle button: as far as I know these are not supported on the M96.
Still, the big pen is more accurate than the original small stylus, even if I put it in a pen casing for better grip.
Jmirko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 03:56 AM   #3
fbrzvnrnd
Fanatic
fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmirko View Post
Hi,

I have not researched this, but here is my experience:
- "Stains": I have not experienced this with the big pen
Thank you for the answer. Actually the pen starts to write when I'm still not "touching" the screen, so I have some stains here and there. Quite strange.

Quote:
- Rubber, pressure-sensitivity, middle button: as far as I know these are not supported on the M96.
I see... it is strange that other App, like Writer and Lecture Note, uses the rubber and the middle button... so it is a software limit, not an hardware one.

Quote:
Still, the big pen is more accurate than the original small stylus, even if I put it in a pen casing for better grip.
I'll try again. But I expected more, also considering the price.
What you mean for "pen casing"?

Thank you

Fabrizio
Old 02-20-2018, 07:57 AM   #4
fbrzvnrnd
Fanatic

A note: it seems to me I can write better using the "big pen" disabled.

See the video...

https://youtu.be/O3nOf7dX644
Old 02-23-2018, 01:40 AM   #5
Jmirko
Recovered collector
Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbrzvnrnd View Post
What you mean for "pen casing"?
For the devices that come with the small pen, I insert the small pen into a modified ball-point pen casing for better grip. Still, none of those small stili are as accurate as the big pen that came with my M96.
Old 02-23-2018, 01:25 PM   #6
fbrzvnrnd
Fanatic

Thank you for the answer. Do you know what changes using the "big pen" option instead the other one?
Old 03-02-2018, 03:29 PM   #7
Jmirko
Recovered collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbrzvnrnd View Post
Thank you for the answer. Do you know what changes using the "big pen" option instead the other one?
I don't, but if you write to the developer, I'm sure he will respond.