Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-25-2012, 07:46 PM   #1
bridgetkb
bridgetkb began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Stuck on powering on screen after factory reset

Hey everybody,

I've had my Kobo for almost a year, and I had to do a factory reset because it wasn't recognizing new books that I had sideloaded onto it. After completing the setup process and restarting it, it's stuck on the powering on screen. I tried a hard reset with the button on the back, and it did turn off, but it's stayed stuck on the powering on screen for the last 20 minutes. Any help I could get with this would be great, thanks!
bridgetkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 01:20 AM   #2
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
One simple thing that can help is to charge it for a couple hours before trying again.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-26-2012, 08:46 AM   #3
bridgetkb

Nope, it's still screwed. I shot an email to Kobo's customer service, still haven't heard back, but I did send it last night so I'm not really pressed about it yet. Worse comes to worse, the Kobo Touch with offers is $80 at the best buy near me, which is fine since the KT is the only ereader that has all the features that I want.
Old 06-26-2012, 08:55 AM   #4
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Doesn't it have a one year warranty?
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 03:50 PM   #5
bridgetkb

It did turn out to be an issue covered by the warranty. CS was more helpful than I've read about!
Advert
Old 07-02-2012, 11:02 AM   #6
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
If your books are on SD card remove It. Doing factory reset does nothing to SD card. If your original problem was caused by some book on the SD card it is still there. If you plug card into your computer and delete last loaded books it might solve problem. More knowledgeable people can fix problem causing books but I just delete them. Then down load another from better source.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote