Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Sitescooper

Notices

Old 04-14-2004, 07:57 PM   #1
blackboxvoting
blackboxvoting began at the beginning.

Lightbulb Newbie to "sitescooping" here

I've read through the forums a bit and gather sitescooping is a way to grab news on the fly? If so, I'm looking for something like that only I have a PC (XP) and not a PDA.

I write legislators and election officials alot which requires being up-to-date on the latest issues. A news scoop utility would be so awesome. If it's made for PDAs, will it work on a PC anyway?

Thanks -- Catherine
Old 04-14-2004, 09:51 PM   #2
ignatz
mechanoholic
ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR/iPhone 4S/EVO 4G
Catherine,
Most of the focus of this forum is ways to carry news and books on PDAs. Sitescooper is specifically designed to cut down the amount of information on a site so that it fits easily on a PDA. If you are looking to grab news on the PC, you want to use an RSS aggregator. This is a method to rapidbly peruse headlines and lead sentences of news from many different sources. You can quickly find the latest information. Do a search on this site for RSS and you will find some good links. I'm sure that someone else can throw in some more information here?

By the way, I assume that you are affiliated with blackboxvoting.com? You guys have done some great work! Impressive stuff.

Ignatz
Old 04-15-2004, 01:45 AM   #3
blackboxvoting
blackboxvoting began at the beginning.

Thanks for the heads up on RSS.

And yup, blackboxvoting.com and .org is a great springboard for anyone inclined to jump in somewhere with sleeves rolled up. The original site is currently down because Diebold is having another hissy fit over that fire beneath the seat of their collective britches. The new site is up now, though minus some previous resources. I suppose most of us expected something like that would occur anyway. That's just the way the cookie crumbles sometimes, eh?