Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 11-24-2017, 10:27 PM   #1
Pizza_Cant_Read
Sentient Sauce
Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 9th Gen Oasis
Send To Kindle, Plugboards, Metadata (feature request?):

How can I send documents from my phone using CC to my kindle? Are there ways to create a template (like plugboards are used to append series information) when sending books from my phone to Kindle? Is it possible to change metadata from CC?

Thanks,
Pizza_Cant_Read is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 04:26 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza_Cant_Read View Post
How can I send documents from my phone using CC to my kindle?
Assuming you are using CC for Android, you can email a book from CC to your kindle. First, find your kindle's Amazon email address and be sure that the email address your phone uses is registered with Amazon. Then select a book, go to book details, tap the three dots, and choose "Send to app". Pick the email app, fill out the To: address, and send.
Quote:
Are there ways to create a template (like plugboards are used to append series information) when sending books from my phone to Kindle?
No
Quote:
Is it possible to change metadata from CC?

Thanks,
No.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 04:48 AM   #3
Pizza_Cant_Read
Sentient Sauce
Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I never liked Apple devices but now I buy them for my wife and inherit her older ones so I guess I lose at this game. Anyways this is still a great app that I am not going to refund. I just hope these features are on the bucket list. Being able to manage my ebook reader via my 128 GB phone would be a great but requiring a computer is still okay. All in all I invested $15 dollars for this suit which is heck of a deal. Still trying to find the perfect way of avoiding the cloud and make efficient use of this 32 GB Kindle :-)
Old 11-25-2017, 04:50 AM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It is possible that iOS CC has the ability to email a book. Check in book details. I can't check because I don't own an Apple device.
Old 11-25-2017, 05:05 AM   #5
Pizza_Cant_Read
Sentient Sauce

Tried and didn't see it, hopefully not user error (ignorance) with the force touch. If it turns into a thing I will sell off this phone and buy a cheap Xiaomi phone. Is my CC license transferable if I switch to Android?
Old 11-25-2017, 05:22 AM   #6
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Is my CC license transferable if I switch to Android?
Not directly. Google and Apple don't share customers very well.

If it comes up, with a bit of notice I can take care of you via the Google "promotion code" route. I create a "code" that in effect pays for a new copy of CC. I have done that in the past for people who "lost" their google account (university and what-have-you) so lost CC.

Note that I can't do the opposite: Android to iOS. I don't know if it is even possible.
Old 11-25-2017, 05:35 AM   #7
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Tried and didn't see it, hopefully not user error (ignorance) with the force touch.
If you select "Read", a list of apps appear (gmail for me, but it can be inbox (default app). It they don't appear press the three dots and you'll be able to configure the apps). There's a "Send to Kindle" too, and it works.

All this with iOS 9 (I've not updated my iPad).
Terisa de morgan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 09:50 AM   #8
Pizza_Cant_Read
Sentient Sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
If you select "Read", a list of apps appear (gmail for me, but it can be inbox (default app). It they don't appear press the three dots and you'll be able to configure the apps). There's a "Send to Kindle" too, and it works.

All this with iOS 9 (I've not updated my iPad).
I am not going to say you are wrong, only that my iPhone doesn't have any of those options. I can copy to various chat applications, add to notes and save to files. If I click the three dots I see 'save to files' with a bar that I can drag to enable or disable. This is on version iOS 11.1.2 with no default email configured, primarily because I use gmail and in China it is blocked except with a VPN enabled. The end result is the battery is drained as my phone throws itself against The Great Firewall :O...but definitely no built in mail server that displays itself like in calibre. I know only because I don't have mail configured on my computer either.
Old 11-25-2017, 11:42 AM   #9
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
On the iOS version 11 the Send To Kindle is a choice in C.C. after you select READ for a book.

Select the book, then select READ at the upper right, two rows of options show up, showing apps you have on the device, Send to Kindle is one of the choices on the top row.

Not having a email account set up on the device will be problematic. You have to have a “sending” email address added to the approved list of senders on Amazon in order to email books to your Kindle.

There is at least one online CONVERT site that I’ve used to convert books, and then send to my devices. I can do it all from my iPad, with no need to use Calibre.

Last edited by Deskisamess; 11-25-2017 at 11:52 AM.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 08:38 AM   #10
Pizza_Cant_Read
Sentient Sauce

I will try setting it up with my Chinese email once I figure out the credential information. But right now I don't see any Send to Kindle option, none at all. I don't want to send using the built in mail client, I don't want anything to be sent from the actual email account if I can avoid it. I like the mail server in the calibre desktop application and would like similar functionality in the phone client. I would hate to see the beauty of the CC GUI destroyed by the 'advanced' features I requested...but maybe someone down the line can tuck them in an 'advanced' menu, away from those who are looking for a simple client? It would be great to eventually be able to do everything with my phone that I can do with the calibre desktop application.

I wouldn't care about it so much if I could run CC straight from my ereader. That would be the ultimate fantasy....keep up the great work guys!

Last edited by Pizza_Cant_Read; 11-26-2017 at 08:41 AM.
Old 11-26-2017, 10:54 AM   #11
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
It would be great to eventually be able to do everything with my phone that I can do with the calibre desktop application.
This isn't going to happen, at least not with CC. I suppose that it is possible that Kovid might port calibre itself to mobile devices, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
Quote:
I wouldn't care about it so much if I could run CC straight from my ereader. That would be the ultimate fantasy....keep up the great work guys!
This is why I use an Android e-ink device for my main ereader. We have both a Boyue T62 and a Onyx Afterglow II. I am considering replacing the Afterglow to get a better Carta screen.
Old 11-26-2017, 11:19 AM   #12
Pizza_Cant_Read
Sentient Sauce

Do they work well? I don't need a full Android distro with the bells and whistles. Just CC and the readers. What do you recommend? Should I start a new thread? I asked around the "which one should I buy" forum and haven't yet received any replies. Your feedback would be much appreciated! I have this 27 GB Kindle and I feel screwed until there is a way to *at least* use the Kindle Collections plugin...but CC running natively would offer so much more power and versatility!
Old 11-26-2017, 11:27 AM   #13
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Moderator Notice
Made a new thread