Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-04-2012, 08:30 AM   #16
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Look at the Look and Feel screen in the conversion tab. I routinely go to filter style information and put check marks in fonts and margins. You can also change the minimum line height on the same screen.

I mentioned the calibre style sheet because I have not had this problem with kepubs or with ePUBS that have either not had their DRM removed or only had the drm removed without making the kind of changes that result in having calibre shtuff in the style sheet.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:57 AM   #17
Woodstonian
Connoisseur
Woodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the party

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Thanks Taming. You're on the 'net bright and early!
Woodstonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-04-2012, 09:02 AM   #18
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
I was also on the 'net dark and late. I have a 13 hour work day in front of me, so this is not a good thing. I blame it on Kobo--specifically on a book I bought from Kobo. I read it in the dark on my Glo around midnight and I woke early with a plot related nightmare. My takeaway--avoid Danish police mysteries (Jussi Adler-Olsen) late at night.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:10 PM   #19
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbouk View Post
Hi, new here.
Just like to say my kobo glo is still working great and fully responsive.
The glo screen is brilliant, I can't stand to even look at my old kindle now.
There is a slight line of shadow along the bottom but not as bad as the paperwhites I've seen in reviews.

The review by gooodreader where he can't get the screen to respond is because he is in the tutorial mode and the only way to move on is to press on the arrows at the bottom of the screen. He taps all over the screen everywhere except the arrow then gives up and presses the X to escape. the screen is very sensitive, he makes it look real bad :-(
Thanks for clarifying that Marbouk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
I was also on the 'net dark and late. I have a 13 hour work day in front of me, so this is not a good thing. I blame it on Kobo--specifically on a book I bought from Kobo. I read it in the dark on my Glo around midnight and I woke early with a plot related nightmare. My takeaway--avoid Danish police mysteries (Jussi Adler-Olsen) late at night.
Damn Kobo for making a device with a light!
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 04:29 AM   #20
simond
Fanatic
simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPad, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
Look at the Look and Feel screen in the conversion tab. I routinely go to filter style information and put check marks in fonts and margins. You can also change the minimum line height on the same screen.

I mentioned the calibre style sheet because I have not had this problem with kepubs or with ePUBS that have either not had their DRM removed or only had the drm removed without making the kind of changes that result in having calibre shtuff in the style sheet.
I did have it crash in the Look and Feel screen on a kepub before so I'm pretty sure it's not just calibre related epubs. On the other hand out of the two crashes I've had, they've both been on there and I tend not to adjust those settings often...
simond is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2012, 08:19 AM   #21
Big Mack
Enthusiast
Big Mack is a glorious beacon of lightBig Mack is a glorious beacon of lightBig Mack is a glorious beacon of lightBig Mack is a glorious beacon of lightBig Mack is a glorious beacon of lightBig Mack is a glorious beacon of lightBig Mack is a glorious beacon of lightBig Mack is a glorious beacon of lightBig Mack is a glorious beacon of lightBig Mack is a glorious beacon of lightBig Mack is a glorious beacon of light

Device: iPod Touch 4; iPhone 4; Kobo Touch; Kobo Glo
My KG has also spontaneously rebooted a few times since I initialized it yesterday morning (often after turning on/off the light and turning the page immediately) - i noticed the page was back a few pages after it returned to normal. And this morning, it froze after the reboot - for awhile i couldn't do anything, but i put it aside for about a half hour and then was able to shut it off - it was fine after i turned it back on (though, again, the reader was behind a few pages).

re: Goodeareader review: I couldn't watch it - the long nails the guy had bothered me too much. I changed tabs on the browser and listened instead....
Big Mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:22 AM   #22
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Mack View Post
re: Goodeareader review: I couldn't watch it - the long nails the guy had bothered me too much. I changed tabs on the browser and listened instead....
Aaah, haha! It gave me goose bumps too! Ugh!
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote