Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

View Poll Results: Pick three options for next firmware upgrade 5&6 inch
Add CoolReader, without severe battery drain! 55 76.39%
Latest version of FB2 31 43.06%
IF possible, keep Visible Clock Set when device off 16 22.22%
LIT is still not right, can you please get LIT to work 27 37.50%
Add Dictionary Support! 32 44.44%
Other (detailed below in post). 21 29.17%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-31-2010, 10:22 PM   #91
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by citac View Post
No, you're not!
Then I

Think more people need to speak up in favor of typography.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 03:37 PM   #92
citac
Fanatic
citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab 2 (Android)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Then I

Think more people need to speak up in favor of typography.
I'm afraid I wouldn't be the right person to participate in a discussion and justify my reasons as it's a question of personal preference for me. I'm reading up on typography, but right now all I can tell you is that I definitely feel the difference between a document that's just been put together willy-nilly and one where fonts, headings and style were chosen carefully; it's just more pleasant to read.

Also, my time is so limited now that I come to the forum maybe once a week. Makes it difficult to hold a conversation. But I'm definitely interested in finding out as much as I can about typography in ebooks. Are there any interesting discussions currently at MobileRead?
citac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 04:24 PM   #93
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by citac View Post
Are there any interesting discussions currently at MobileRead?
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...232#post934232
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 04:41 PM   #94
citac
Fanatic
citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab 2 (Android)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
Thank you!
citac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 12:26 PM   #95
Spiffy
Groupie
Spiffy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Spiffy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Spiffy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Spiffy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Spiffy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pro AND Sony PRS-505
I wonder if Jenifer could verify for us if there are still plans to upgrade the firmware on the older models (the PP and the older 6" model)?

At the very least, the equivalent functionality to what we get in the third party firmwares (but officially supported) would be a good thing.
Spiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 12:55 PM   #96
jenifer.ezread
EZ Read Team Member
jenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enough

Device: EZ Read Pocket Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy View Post
I wonder if Jenifer could verify for us if there are still plans to upgrade the firmware on the older models (the PP and the older 6" model)?

At the very least, the equivalent functionality to what we get in the third party firmwares (but officially supported) would be a good thing.
I just spoke with our team; we are of course planning new firmware for our older models, but nothing is planned for release right now. Are you having any trouble with previous firmware on the PP or a 6"?
jenifer.ezread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 01:55 PM   #97
eGeezer
NE1 seen my glasses?
eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Nook Glowlight (following previous nook STR and STR w/GL)
Seems there was a lot of discussion about the March/April FW update concerning excessive battery drain while in standby (charge lasting only a couple days). Supposedly, the problem was being pursued by tech, and peeps were awaiting an outcome when Robert left for his surgery. No word since.

As I understand it, lots (all? some? a couple?) folks when back to the December FW. I had my SD card loaded with the Dec FW, ready to go back on my "repaired" PPro when it arrived. But it turned out to have a newer FW that doesn't seem to have the battery drain problem, but does have Coolreader.
eGeezer is offline   Reply With Quote