Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 05-25-2016, 10:37 AM   #31
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Sorry, I only use calibre to convert ebooks not edit or to keep a database of them. I have no idea how they implement "open with ..." in calibre. At the worst, if you can run anything executable with "open with ..." in calibre then you should be able to create a bat script to add the command line and pass in the name of the file to load. You should then be able to use calibre's to launch that bat file.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 11:50 AM   #32
PatNY
Zennist
PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350, Nook HD+ & HD
Kevin, I cannot get the "open with" plugin to work with either bat files or shortcuts. I'll just use the 2-step method I mentioned. It's faster than simply navigating to the book inside of Calibre's nested folder structure.

Both me and my aging eyes appreciate your solving this issue so fast.

--Pat
PatNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-25-2016, 12:42 PM   #33
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Should be able to get it (open with plugin) to work with a bat or cmd script, but you may have to cd to the correct directory first. I'll see if I can nail down the particulars when I get a chance.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 12:50 PM   #34
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
That is exactly what I have in my BAT (different username )
Space, not = after the switch
I tried it on my Windows 10 machine and either a space or a = worked. I enclosed the path/filename in "s though I'm not sure if that is needed as no spaces in the path/filename.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatNY View Post
Kevin, I cannot get the "open with" plugin to work with either bat files or shortcuts. I'll just use the 2-step method I mentioned. It's faster than simply navigating to the book inside of Calibre's nested folder structure.
I also added this to the args section in Calibre's Open With plugin and worked for me. See attached image.

Code:
"C:\Program Files\Sigil\Sigil.exe" -stylesheet="C:\Users\David\Desktop\Stylesheets\qt_styles.qss"
These old eyes thank you!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	args1.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	148931  

Last edited by DNSB; 05-25-2016 at 01:00 PM.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 02:11 PM   #35
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:

Both me and my aging eyes appreciate your solving this issue so fast.

--Pat
Did you try putting the commandline switches in the ARGS column instead of using the BAT

Preferences: Plugins: User Interface action... : Open With: Customize plugin(button)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-25-2016, 04:38 PM   #36
PatNY
Zennist
PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350, Nook HD+ & HD
@DNSB & Ducks: I put the command line into the ARG column and, while Sigil opens, the stylesheet is not taking effect.

Can anyone else besides DNSB make the stylesheet work with the "open with" plugin? Ducks, did you actually get it to work and see the change in size?

--Pat
PatNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 06:52 PM   #37
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
@DNSB & Ducks: I put the command line into the ARG column and, while Sigil opens, the stylesheet is not taking effect.

Can anyone else besides DNSB make the stylesheet work with the "open with" plugin? Ducks, did you actually get it to work and see the change in size?

--Pat
I used the BAT file
I get path-filename syntax is incorrect
I ALSO tried doubling the \ in the path
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 12:06 PM   #38
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Okay, I just committed a fix to Sigil master that does the following:

If and only if a file called "qt_styles.qss" exists in the Sigil Preferences Folder (ie. sits beside sigil.ini), and is readable, Sigil will try to load it as its stylesheet.
No -stylesheet command line option will be needed.

This feature is meant for users who due to vision issues and operating system limitations, can not read some of the text in dialog on larger displays with much higher dpi.

The only documentation/support for this feature is provided by this thread on MR as support for interpreting and handling all possible Qt stylesheet options is beyond the scope of the current Sigil developers team. We will help if we can but ...

This new feature will appear in the upcoming Sigil-0.9.6 release.

Hope this helps,

KevinH
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 09:36 PM   #39
Thasaidon
Hedge Wizard
Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Simple
Thanks Kevin

That will help my eyes.
Thasaidon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 04:45 PM   #40
bookivore
bookivore began at the beginning.

Device: laptop
Quote:
. . . using the search and replace box in Sigil . . . Is there any way to make the text appear larger?
Yes. See this thread:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=290746

The second qss file I posted there, the one that starts with an asterix, i.e., "*", should do it for you. Note the instructions in that thread for finding where the file is (or should be made). It won't be the same directory on a windows sytem, maybe not even on all 'nix systems.

If you don't like the fact that this solution increases ALL the ui fonts, then you will need to experiment with different "selectors" instead of "*". I don't know which you'd need. You'll have to search and experiment.

P.S.: Sorry if this is redundant with things already posted. I didn't realize the thread had multiple pages until I posted it, so I had just read the first page. Anyway, the solution referenced works, at least for me, even on an older version of sigil.

Last edited by bookivore; 09-27-2017 at 04:49 PM.
bookivore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 01:04 AM   #41
Thasaidon
Hedge Wizard
Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi

Sorry to resurrect this old thread but it is appropriate to my query.

I recently had to increase my screen resolution to make something work. I had done a lot of tweeks to Windows make things suit my eyesight.

With the help of a couple of free utilities, etc. I have got things back to a comfortable situation. Except the font size in the TOC and Book browser windows.

I already use a "qt_styles" file to alter the Sigil interface so can anyone tell me the name of the Qt selectors I need to set or tell me where I can find them

Thanks
Old 01-15-2018, 07:15 AM   #42
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thasaidon View Post
I already use a "qt_styles" file to alter the Sigil interface so can anyone tell me the name of the Qt selectors I need to set or tell me where I can find them.
Both dialog boxes use treeview widgets. You should be able to change the font size with:

Code:
QTreeView { font-size: 16pt }

Last edited by Doitsu; 01-15-2018 at 07:21 AM.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 07:28 AM   #43
Thasaidon
Hedge Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
Both dialog boxes use treeview widgets. You should be able to change the font size with:

Code:
QTreeView { font-size: 16pt }
The lowly Hedge Wizard humbly thanks the Mighty Grand Wizard Doitsu.
Old 01-15-2018, 07:32 AM   #44
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
There's a few places where QTreeView is used that you may not want to change (Keyboard Shortcut prefs for instance). You can narrow it down to the QTreeView descendants of QDockWidget to avoid that:

QDockWidget QTreeView { font-size: 16px; }
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 07:44 AM   #45
Thasaidon
Hedge Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
There's a few places where QTreeView is used that you may not want to change (Keyboard Shortcut prefs for instance). You can narrow it down to the QTreeView descendants of QDockWidget to avoid that:

QDockWidget QTreeView { font-size: 16px; }
And the lowly Hedge Wizard also humbly thanks the Mighty Grand Sorcerer DiapDealer.

"do not upset Grand Wizards/Sorcerers they ain't all that subtle and being turned into a frog often offends"