Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 12-10-2012, 05:21 PM   #1
perler
Enthusiast
perler began at the beginning.

Device: perler
Kindle last page sync not working

I know there are a lot of threads for the subject, but I don't get syncing the last page count working consistently:

Devices: 2x android, 1x PC

original DRM free mobi's (from a lot of sources): sync works
original DRM free EPUB converted to mobi: sync doesn't work

I tried to re-convert to MOBI without success, although I don't know if it is enough to delete the mobi books on all devices and re-download it or if there is something else to do to really work with the newly, maybe sync-enabled mobi's.

my problem is, I know that it all depends on the UUID inside the mobi and I wonder if it is possible to read out UUID. right now it's like a black box..
perler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:33 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Use mobi2mobi to read the contents of the mobi file or use

calibre-debug --inspect-mobi file.mobi

which will dump the mobi header and the rest of the mobi.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert