Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-09-2018, 09:18 AM   #16
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
Quote:
Originally Posted by newkindlefun View Post
Tried all! No dice. It does, however, clean the back rubber, so there's that LPT.

Yeah, but doesn't seem okay to ask for a new device for something I did (in my bag, I suppose) if the thing functions. Not something I'm used to. The retailer I bought it from in my country won't honor warranty for that and do an exchange (or any retailer here, in fact), but American companies are known to bend over backwards for customers even when they have no reason to. It's not something I'm used to, is all.
Wow! Where do you live?
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 06:34 AM   #17
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
I think you are being a little OCD. Exchanging it will not solve anything. It will happen again unless you wear gloves 24/7 lol. I would go with the one persons suggestion of the case that covers the entire front. Out of sight out of mind. Lol
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 10:40 AM   #18
newkindlefun
Connoisseur
newkindlefun is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.newkindlefun is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.newkindlefun is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.newkindlefun is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.newkindlefun is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.newkindlefun is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.newkindlefun is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.newkindlefun is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.newkindlefun is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.newkindlefun is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.newkindlefun is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3rd gen (2015)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlenBarrington View Post
Wow! Where do you live?
Southern Europe

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcladyz View Post
I think you are being a little OCD. Exchanging it will not solve anything. It will happen again unless you wear gloves 24/7 lol. I would go with the one persons suggestion of the case that covers the entire front. Out of sight out of mind. Lol
I've had a Kindle for years and it never happened because I had a cover. The spot happened probably because it rubbed off on something in my bag. Since I've tried many things, it doesn't sound like something I can clean at all, so I'm guessing a bit rubbed off. I sold my last Kindle and it looked brand new. Only sold it due to wanting newer, faster software and it had some bright "pixels".

Got a decal because I like the case that has a strap on the back for holding the kindle one-handed more easily. Unfortunately there are no cases that combine bezel protection and straps.

Last edited by newkindlefun; 04-14-2018 at 10:44 AM.
newkindlefun is offline   Reply With Quote