Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRiver Story

Notices

Old 07-18-2013, 09:08 PM   #1
mrfirm
mrfirm began at the beginning.

Device: none
How can I find out where the font path of Iriver Cover Story

I'm trying to fix a font problem of a book and my reader is an Iriver Cover Story. Anyone know how to locate the path of it ?

In Windows Explorer, it like " x:\fonts ", how to find out the full path to write in the css style ?

like "..sth\\fonts\" I guess

THK and
mrfirm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 09:06 AM   #2
James_Wilde
Guru
James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Iriver Story
Well, when I connect my iRiver Story to my computer I see a folder there called Fonts. It only has one file in it, STSong.ttf, which Windows tells me is not a valid font file. The name makes me wonder if this is a file with Chinese fonts which I might have added in order to get the Story to show Chinese characters which sometimes appear in my own documents.

My other hypothesis is that this is the standard font of the Story, which, notwithstanding that the Story uses a linux clone, is hacked, and thus Windows doesn't recognise it as a proper font.

Just taken the Story upstairs and plugged it into the Mac, which says that it is a genuine font file, and shows Chinese characters. So this I have probably added myself.

The Mac further confirms that there appears to be no folder nor file for an operating system, and I assume that this is very specially hidden, possibly on a separate partition which doesn't show up.

Last edited by James_Wilde; 07-22-2013 at 09:15 AM.
James_Wilde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 09:17 AM   #3
James_Wilde
Guru
James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Iriver Story
Based on my earlier message, unless someone else can tell you how to find the internal fonts of the iRiver, I suggest you might try loading the font you want into this fonts folder, and then changing the css file of the epub book to point to this font.
James_Wilde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 12:40 PM   #4
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
You can always have Calibre embed them into your EPUBs for you, I guess.

I do not know how fonts work on the Cover Story - for the Story HD I made a mod (Userstyle) that allows you to use custom css/fonts. It was not possible to use custom fonts by default there.
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote