Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 02-14-2020, 07:28 PM   #16
JJ Johnson
JJ Johnson began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H20
I just ordered a Kobo Libra H20 and wondered the same thing. Luckily, there are at least 8 different third party covers now available for the Libra on Amazon alone, and none of them over $15.

Not sure if I want/need a origami cover. I suspect not. I just need something that would protect the reader if it's thrown into a backpack.
JJ Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 12:38 AM   #17
teija
Gadget fiend
teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Aura HD, Kindle 7th Gen, Paperwhite 2, Sony PRS-350
I have had decent experiences with third-party covers but I've also had bad ones. Lately I have been finding that the plastic housing is far more brittle than they used to be, leading to cracks & breakages on the corners almost as soon as the cover is installed! (This was for a standard Kindle, so nothing too "hard to find" like some others *COUGH-Kobo Aura HD*).

On the other hand, any proprietary cases I have bought have always felt great in my hand and fit the device PERFECTLY... and usually will last as long as the device itself or longer. Thankfully I've been able to find one or two for good deals via our local buy and sell sites or even a beautiful official Kindle Paperwhite case for my hubby's latest device from a local thrift store. Even he has said he loves this case SO much - it feels like he is using a completely different device. Not that I would have ever paid the $60 retail price of it! But if it were $20-30 and we needed one I might consider it.

I think these days it is still as true as ever: You get what you pay for.
You could get a "dud", or once in awhile you could get better than you expect... it just depends if you want to take that gamble!
teija is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert