Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 12-15-2020, 09:02 AM   #796
Philantrop
Addict
Philantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kindles (e-ink)
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
This is a case of for me.
That fixed the issue for me!
Philantrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 02:39 PM   #797
vmz
vmz began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXG
It works, thanks. I'm wondering if it's not impossible to someday integrate these annotations with now native Calibre annotations, to allow in-book experience
vmz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 06:51 PM   #798
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmz View Post
It works, thanks. I'm wondering if it's not impossible to someday integrate these annotations with now native Calibre annotations, to allow in-book experience
That is my plan. But, time is the problem. Plus, due the the information available, only annotations for epubs on Kobo devices can be positioned accurately.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 03:21 PM   #799
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Theoretically, could this also mean that the reading position could be synced between Calibre's reader and Kobo?
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 08:51 PM   #800
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Theoretically, could this also mean that the reading position could be synced between Calibre's reader and Kobo?
Theoretically yes. At least for epubs. But, I'd probably do that as part of the Kobo Utilities plugin.
Old 12-23-2020, 02:30 PM   #801
marp68
Addict
marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Great. I just installed the new beta version and it worked with my Clara HD.

But, how can one delete an annotation in calibre column? When I click the field it only opens up the annontation.
marp68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 12:03 AM   #802
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by marp68 View Post
Great. I just installed the new beta version and it worked with my Clara HD.
Thanks. I'll try and release it in a few days.
Quote:
But, how can one delete an annotation in calibre column? When I click the field it only opens up the annontation.
It depends on what you want to do. If you want to clear the annotations completely, just click in the column and clear it. Or open the metadata editor, go to the column an press the clear button in the toolbar for the editor.

If you want to remove just one annotation within multiple for a book, it is a bit tricker. In calibre 3.x and earlier, you could just edit the field, and as long as you removed all of the annotation, it would be fine. You can do this with current versions of calibre, but, it will probably break any future merges of annotations. When you edit the annotation (or any other long comments-like column) the widget that calibre uses parses the HTML for the field and produces something completely different. And it doen't look the same when it is displayed. That means that if you fetch the annotations from the device again, it may not correctly match them and you could end up with duplicates. I do not have a way to handle this better.

And just in case you meant the annotations on the device, they are not touched in any way by the plugin. It will not update, remove or anything else other than read them.
Old 12-24-2020, 04:08 AM   #803
Katja_hbg
Groupie
Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kobo Glo HD (landscape), Kobo Aura One
Hi David,
Yesterday I update Calibre from 4.23 to 5.7.2 and face some «challenge» with annotation.

There is a new icon, green instead of yellow. Only for your information and to be sure that I am using yours.

1) the wording below the icon is now German «Anmerkungen durchsuchen» which is much too big. Could that be shorten as before «Annotations» or if translation is required «Anmerkungen».

2) the icon is without dropdown arrow and therefore I cannot check any settings. Maybe this is together with next point

3) I face the same issue which you fixed with comment #795. Will you publish this as official version soon? I am not sure how to upload a beta-zip and happy to wait some more days.
Katja_hbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 06:35 AM   #804
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katja_hbg View Post
Hi David,
Yesterday I update Calibre from 4.23 to 5.7.2 and face some «challenge» with annotation.

There is a new icon, green instead of yellow. Only for your information and to be sure that I am using yours.

1) the wording below the icon is now German «Anmerkungen durchsuchen» which is much too big. Could that be shorten as before «Annotations» or if translation is required «Anmerkungen».

2) the icon is without dropdown arrow and therefore I cannot check any settings. Maybe this is together with next point
You are looking at the wrong icon. That is the annotations function added to the calibre viewer in version 5. The icon for this plugin has not changed, and the German translation for the icon is "Annotations".
Quote:
3) I face the same issue which you fixed with comment #795. Will you publish this as official version soon? I am not sure how to upload a beta-zip and happy to wait some more days.
From memory, if you are suffering from that problem described that post, then I don't think the plugin shows up at all as it fails to load properly when calibre starts. That probably explains the confusion. And as stated in the post immediately before yours, I plan to release it in the next few days. Which will definitely not be in the next 36 hours. Sorry, no gift. If you want to use the beta, there is a link in the first post to an explanation of how to install plugins.
Old 12-24-2020, 06:40 AM   #805
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katja_hbg View Post
Hi David,

You are looking at the wrong icon. That is the annotations function added to the calibre viewer in version 5. The icon for this plugin has not changed, and the German translation for the icon is "Annotations".
Quote:
From memory, if you are suffering from that problem described that post, then I don't think the plugin shows up at all as it fails to load properly when calibre starts. That only affects calibre 5.7.0 or later. That probably explains the confusion above. And as stated in the post immediately before yours, I plan to release it in the next few days. Which will definitely not be in the next 36 hours. Sorry, no gift. If you want to use the beta, there is a link in the first post to an explanation of how to install plugins.
Old 12-24-2020, 08:15 AM   #806
Katja_hbg
Groupie
Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kobo Glo HD (landscape), Kobo Aura One
Hi David,
Your quick reply is gift enough for me.
«the wrong icon» this is what I thought first and therefore look for yours. But I cannot find it in the plugin list to add to the menue. Thre is only the green one.
Any idea how to add yours back?
Do I need to deinstall? Hopefully the setting will not be lost but in worsecase that would be ok.

I already try to deactivate but got a dialog that I am not allow to deactivate.

Edit: deinstal, restart calibre, install, restart calibre. Still no yellow icon nor Annotations.

Edit 25.12.2020: beta solved the issue

Last edited by Katja_hbg; 12-25-2020 at 10:08 AM.
Katja_hbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2020, 09:04 AM   #807
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Sorry, I hadn't downloaded the beta.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2020, 10:40 PM   #808
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Update to version 1.14.0

I have just released version 1.14.0 of the plugin. This is mainly a bug fix release to solve many problems with the Python 3 changes needed for calibre 5. Including that I had hardly made any changes for Kindle and tolino devices.

The changes in this version are:
  • Fix: Python 3 compatiblity: Replace use of "file" with "open".
  • Fix: Python 3 compatiblity: Sorting on the Annotations Import dialog.
  • Fix: Python 3 compatiblity: Completed work for tolinos and Kindles.
  • New: Add support for Sony devices. From @Cibes.
  • Fix: Remove references to older calibre IPC code as that was removed in calibre 5.7.
  • Update: Various backend changed that should improve performance.

At this point, the Sony support has not been tested. Or, at least I have had no reports of testing one way or another. It was added as someone asked about it, and when I searched, I found that someone had written the code and posted that here. But, there were no comments on it working or not. I have updated it for calibre 5 and added it without testing. If anyone does try it, please report what happens.

This will be compatible with earlier versions for calibre. Most of my testing is with calibre v5, but, I have done some basic testing with versions 3.48 an 4.23.

Calibre will announce the update in the next hour or so. For those already running calibre v5.7 or later, you might not be notified of the new version. In that case, you will need to install the update using the plugin updater.

If there are any issues, please report them here.
Old 12-27-2020, 06:19 AM   #809
UMNiK
UMNiK began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW4
Doesn't work, but doesn't error either

So I suppose it's good news that it loads correctly and doesn't throw an obvious error, but it also doesn't work on either old books' annotations or newly transferred ones.

From reading the debug, it finds the book from the calibre library ok, but it can't seem to match the title that is in MyClippings.txt to the book that is on the device. The titles are identical. Only thing I can think of is that kindle adds the author in parentheses when saving to MyClippings.txt, but that can't be it, can it?

Here's the matching.
Code:
DEBUG:   16.4  resolve_paths. looking for book on device: book_path=E:\documents\Atomic Habits_ An Easy & Proven Way to Build Good Habits & Break Bad Ones - James Clear.bookmark
DEBUG:   16.4  resolve_paths. looking for book on device: this_fmt=E:\documents\Atomic Habits_ An Easy & Proven Way to Build Good Habits & Break Bad Ones - James Clear.kfx
DEBUG:   16.4  resolve_paths. found format: this_fmt=E:\documents\Atomic Habits_ An Easy & Proven Way to Build Good Habits & Break Bad Ones - James Clear.kfx
Code:
DEBUG:   76.3  Getting metadata from book. path='E:\documents\Atomic Habits_ An Easy & Proven Way to Build Good Habits & Break Bad Ones - James Clear.kfx'
DEBUG:   76.8  Book on device title: 'Atomic Habits: An Easy & Proven Way to Build Good Habits & Break Bad Ones'
Here it is failing to find annotations.
Code:
DEBUG:   76.8    Annotation for Title=='Atomic Habits: An Easy & Proven Way to Build Good Habits & Break Bad Ones'
DEBUG:   76.8      Title not found in books on device
And here's an excerpt from the MyClippings.txt
Code:
==========
Atomic Habits: An Easy & Proven Way to Build Good Habits & Break Bad Ones (Clear, James)
- Your Highlight on page 6 | location 80-83 | Added on Sunday, 27 December 2020 13:56:53

ON THE FINAL day of my sophomore year of high school, I was hit in the face with a baseball bat. As my classmate took a full swing, the bat slipped out of his hands and came flying toward me before striking me directly between the eyes. I have no memory of the moment of impact.
==========
Tried running with the disable cache option, same thing.
UMNiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 07:50 AM   #810
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

@UMNiK: I'm not that surprised as there has been a problem with KFX formatted books for a while. I did find something during the last set of fixes that I hoped would fix this, but, it obviously hasn't. Could you send me the full debug log and your My Clippings.txt to look at? Uploading them somewhere and sending a PM with the link is probably the best thing to do.

Tags
sampleexportingapp