Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-01-2018, 10:53 PM   #1
ChipAHoy
Thistle Sifter
ChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Question How hard is it to jailbreak?

I am pretty sure I have a PW 3. Does anyone know if this version can be jailbroken?

Can anyone tell me how difficult it is to jailbreak? Looking at instructions here, it seems rather overwhelming. https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/5_x...#Step-by-Step:
ChipAHoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 05:45 PM   #2
montalex
Fanatic
montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KindleDX,Kindle 4, Kindle Keyboard 3G
It's been a while since I did it, but all I had to do was locate the right update_jailbreak.bin file for my Kindle model, drag it into my Kindle root folder, then unplug the Kindle from the computer and update via Homepage/menu/settings/menu/update Kindle. If update Kindle is greyed out, you have the wrong bin file. Try again. It's easy.

Your jailbreak should be here:https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=275877
adrive_md5_all.zip (1.6 KB, 1042 views)

Last edited by montalex; 08-02-2018 at 08:10 PM.
montalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-02-2018, 08:09 PM   #3
ChipAHoy
Thistle Sifter
ChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Thanks for that, it's helpful.

It is only when a jailbreak release for a Kindle is available, that the user can make the device go back to an earlier version update?
ChipAHoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 11:47 AM   #4
Readirect
Zealot
Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: KPW1
Since Amazon started their war on jailbreaking, jb has been a thing of the past. You can still do a hardware jailbreak if you're handy with a soldering gun, but it's not particularly easy.
Readirect is offline   Reply With Quote