Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 06-09-2011, 05:14 PM   #1
RecQuery
RecQuery began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Update Mobi header/file metadata without doing a Mobi to Mobi conversion

I'm wondering if it's possible to update the header/metadata of a Mobi file (ideally in bulk) without doing a Mobi-to-Mobi conversion and potentially messing up the formatting or wasting time doing something that isn't needed.
RecQuery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 05:59 PM   #2
dilo_sec
dilo_sec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dilo_sec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dilo_sec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dilo_sec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dilo_sec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dilo_sec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dilo_sec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dilo_sec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dilo_sec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dilo_sec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dilo_sec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3
I wrote some python code some while back, exthupdt.py - see https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=144056 - I use it to update mobi EXTH data to suit the way I organised my ebooks. You may be able to reuse the code for what you wish to do ...
dilo_sec is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-30-2012, 11:43 AM   #3
ElizabethN
reader, ebook junkie
ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: droid, kindle, kobo, eslick, sony
don't know if this is what you're looking for or not - some mobi additions to the quality check plugin

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=498
ElizabethN is online now   Reply With Quote