Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 12-07-2017, 07:57 AM   #1006
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I'm seeing the same error as gingerbeardman. It worked for me last night, so I'd say the Terisa is right and Goodreads has changed the requirements overnight. I'll have a look at it over the weekend.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 08:30 AM   #1007
Alissa1651
Enthusiast
Alissa1651 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle app for iOS
Not sure what is going on, I get error messages when the plugin tries to communicate with GR if I try to create a new profile:

Code:
calibre, version 3.13.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>IOError</b>:[Errno 2] No such file or directory

calibre 3.13 [64bit]  embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Windows-10-10.0.14393-SP0 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.14393')
Python 2.7.12+
Windows: ('10', '10.0.14393', 'SP0', u'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: en_GB
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Goodreads (1, 1, 12) && Import List (1, 2, 0) && Goodreads Sync (1, 10, 1)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.config", line 1091, in authorize_plugin
  File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.core", line 193, in get_request_token_secret
  File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.core", line 118, in _oauth_request_get
  File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.oauth2.__init__", line 684, in request
  File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.httplib2.__init__", line 1451, in request
  File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.httplib2.__init__", line 1251, in _request
  File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.oauth2.__init__", line 684, in request
  File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.httplib2.__init__", line 1451, in request
  File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.httplib2.__init__", line 1203, in _request
  File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.httplib2.__init__", line 1139, in _conn_request
  File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.httplib2.__init__", line 899, in connect
  File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.httplib2.__init__", line 78, in _ssl_wrap_socket
  File "ssl.py", line 933, in wrap_socket
  File "ssl.py", line 542, in __init__
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory
It also happens if I try to linked book/Switch GR edition or Upload tags as shelves. The synchronization from GR to Calibre works though, and that's why I don't know when the exception started. I read the last posts and I think I'm experiencing the same problem. Thanks!

Last edited by Alissa1651; 12-07-2017 at 08:33 AM.
Alissa1651 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-07-2017, 09:06 AM   #1008
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I'm seeing the same error as gingerbeardman. It worked for me last night, so I'd say the Terisa is right and Goodreads has changed the requirements overnight. I'll have a look at it over the weekend.
They said they would change it on 4th,so I guess it has been on 5th
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 06:25 PM   #1009
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
They said they would change it on 4th,so I guess it has been on 5th
I have a vague memory of some change coming, but I couldn't find anything about it last night. Could you point me to it?
Old 12-07-2017, 06:28 PM   #1010
Soap-dodger
Soap-dodger began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle PaperWhite 3
When I attempt to link a book in my calibre database to Goodreads, I get this exception:

calibre, version 3.13.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>IOError</b>:[Errno 2] No such file or directory

calibre 3.13 [64bit] embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Windows-10-10.0.15063-SP0 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.15063')
Python 2.7.12+
Windows: ('10', '10.0.15063', 'SP0', u'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: en_GB
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Extract ISBN (1, 4, 4) && X-Ray Creator (3, 1, 2) && Read MP3 AudioBook metadata (1, 0, 79) && Count Pages (1, 8, 0) && Library Codes (1, 0, 30) && Goodreads (1, 1, 12) && Hyphenate This! (0, 0, 8) && Goodreads Sync (1, 10, 1) && NormComment (0, 0, 2) && Save To Format (0, 0, 6) && Consolidate All Library Metadata (2, 0, 32) && Kindle Collections (1, 7, 17) && Annotations (1, 6, 0) && FictionDB (1, 0, 10) && Fantastic Fiction (1, 2, 0) && Author Book Count (2, 1, 5) && Quality Check (1, 9, 11) && Beam Ebooks (1, 0, 0) && Set KFX metadata (from KFX Output) (1, 13, 0) && KFX Output (1, 13, 0) && Manage Series (1, 2, 8) && MultiColumnSearch (1, 0, 74) && Find Duplicates (1, 6, 3) && Open With (1, 5, 10) && View Manager (1, 4, 3) && Job Spy (1, 0, 86) && Fantastic Fiction Adults (1, 0, 4) && QuarantineAndScrub (3, 6, 103) && Diaps Editing Toolbag (0, 3, 5) && Favourites Menu (1, 0, 4)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.action", line 432, in search_goodreads_to_link_book
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.action", line 465, in search_to_link_books
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.core", line 445, in search_for_goodreads_books
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.core", line 156, in _request_get
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.httplib2.__init__" , line 1451, in request
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.httplib2.__init__" , line 1251, in _request
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.httplib2.__init__" , line 1451, in request
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.httplib2.__init__" , line 1203, in _request
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.httplib2.__init__" , line 1139, in _conn_request
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.httplib2.__init__" , line 899, in connect
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.httplib2.__init__" , line 78, in _ssl_wrap_socket
File "ssl.py", line 933, in wrap_socket
File "ssl.py", line 542, in __init__
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory

Is anyone currently investigating the cause of this?
Soap-dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-07-2017, 06:45 PM   #1011
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

@Alissa1651 and @Soap-dodger: Your reports are identical to the report from @gingerbeardman. And as Terisa and I have said, it is caused by a change in the handling of HTTP and HTTPS by Goodreads. It will mean the nothing in the plugin will work. I will fix it as soon as I can. I tried something that didn't work but Terisa has done some experimenting that suggests a quick fix and I will test this tonight. But, I also need to look and see if that is the right thing to do long term.
Old 12-07-2017, 10:08 PM   #1012
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
I wish I came here sooner. I have been thinking I messed up my registry and computer and have gone to ridiculous lengths to get my GR sync going. I even went as far as to install a fresh version on a new user id and imported all the plugins and data without copy/pasting JSONS.

I still am getting that error code!
Rellwood is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 10:09 PM   #1013
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
I wanted to point to the error messages as shown above and say "Me too" about the exact same code.
Rellwood is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 01:32 AM   #1014
rinixon
rinixon began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Me three!

Link to message from Goodreads:
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show...point-to-https
rinixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 02:32 AM   #1015
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I have a vague memory of some change coming, but I couldn't find anything about it last night. Could you point me to it?
Sorry for not answering, Spanish time
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 08:25 AM   #1016
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Beta to fix certificate problems

Here is a beta that should fix the certificate problems from the last few days. This is a quick fix that disables checking the certificate. I'll be having a better look at this over the weekend to see if there is a better way to handle this, but this should solve the problem for now.

I haven't tested all the functions, mainly the ones I use all the time. They are working, and I expect the rest of the functions should work. If anyone sees any problems, please report them here. Include the details from the error so that I can see where it is happening.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Goodreads Sync-beta.zip (215.8 KB, 234 views)
Old 12-08-2017, 01:44 PM   #1017
rinixon
rinixon began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis
davidfor - it's working great for me - many thanks
rinixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 04:23 PM   #1018
Macondo
Macondo began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite 3
Is this beta plug-in also working with calibre portable?
And how to install it?

aha ahahaha
everything goes faster with google
If anyone need to do that, just go to plugins, load from file and choose zip file which you downloaded.

And it working ok, for now.
Thank you.

Last edited by Macondo; 12-08-2017 at 04:29 PM.
Macondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 05:53 PM   #1019
Krazykiwi
Zealot
Krazykiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krazykiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krazykiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krazykiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krazykiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krazykiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krazykiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krazykiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krazykiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krazykiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krazykiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many random androids to list
Davidfor, beta seems pretty much fine for me. Gave it as good a workout as I could think of on a batch of new books.
Krazykiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 10:13 PM   #1020
Penny_Dreadful
She/Her
Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.

Device: Kindle PW5 (G001PX) PW3 PW1
I was also getting the earlier error so I'm trying out the beta and while it isn't throwing a visible error the "Sync from Shelf" option is not updating existing books, though it will create a new book via the "Add empty book to Calibre" option in the right click menu inside the Sync window.

I'm running Calibre 3.13 Portable on Windows 10. My Library is in my Dropbox Folder, but Dropbox is always paused while Calibre is running. I ran Calibre in debug mode and attached the log where I tried to update my books with "Sync from Shelf".
Attached Files
File Type: txt tmprw2wfc.txt (4.2 KB, 133 views)

Last edited by Penny_Dreadful; 12-09-2017 at 10:16 PM.
Penny_Dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, goodreads